USA: Arizona Dry Ground Mountain Lion February 2021 With Seven Anchor Outfitters

AZDAVE

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa, Alaska,lower 48
Nice old cat! The mountains always fool people in that they are harder to climb than most think till the sweat is pouring down their face. looks like you did a good job of getting in shape before your hunt. I am sure the outfitter was very thankful of your efforts. Good job!

M Whitley

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Nice old cat! The mountains always fool people in that they are harder to climb than most think till the sweat is pouring down their face. looks like you did a good job of getting in shape before your hunt. I am sure the outfitter was very thankful of your efforts. Good job!

Two recommendations I would give for anyone doing this hunt horseback:

1. Practice hiking steep inclines for short distances at a pretty quick pace. That lion isn’t going to stand there and wait long. It was tiring even though it was probably 100 yards.

2. Take some riding lessons. It doesn’t have to look pretty but if your confident in your ability to ride you’ll enjoy it much more. luckily we have horses that I ride occasionally or it could have been a problem for some people. I’m not a pretty rider but I won’t fall off

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Eastern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia
Congrats!!! I hunted with Logan in 2013. Great guy and great area!

AZDAVE

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa, Alaska,lower 48
@M Whitley your are very correct on comfortable riding horses, like you I grew up with horses and am comfortable. Down by me one of the guys that hunts cats uses mules to ride. While they can be a bit contrary and a tad hard headed(But I have been accused of the same thing) but they are very sure footed and great for the mountain work. I need to hunt with a houndsman for mountian lion one of these days. I have spoke with a outfitter in colorado and a couple guys guys here in Arizona. Guess I just need to make a plan. Your hunt report has me thinking :A Bulb:

Uncle Sauce

Bronze supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
GOA, RMGO, FRGC, SCI, DSC
Hunted
SA: Eastern Cape, US: CO, ID, MT, NY, OR, VA, WA, WY
Great looking cat - Congrats!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Halina8549

Latest profile posts

Eastern Cape Hunting Report Coming soon...
Jaynecobb wrote on cal pappas's profile.
I hate to bother you....I own 2 of your books including British bore rifle. I was hoping you might have more 10 bore loads. For the heavier and later rifles. Any help would be appreciated.
Gert Odendaal wrote on Av8or's profile.
Good day , Do you still have .375 H&H Magnum brass available to sell?
tarbe wrote on PatrickMa Ward's profile.
Aha....I see you have a new Avatar!!

Nice bull!
flatwater bill wrote on KHOMAS HIGHLAND HUNTING SAFARIS's profile.
I hope your hunting season has started off well. I am coming to Namibia for the 7th time in late April of 2022. I am bringing two friends who have never hunted outside of the USA. I have several questions, but before I write them all, I will wait to see if you receive this. Please give a shout................................best regards.........................Bill...............Idaho, USA