USA: Any experience With Southwest Trophy Hunting In Texas?

Discussion in 'Hunting Reports USA & Canada' started by Darren K, Jul 9, 2019.

1. CoElkHunter

CoElkHunter AH Fanatic

I (we - my four to six hunting buddies) would be interested in this. Sounds like a fair deal. I will run this by them. We would be driving from Colorado. The authorities won ‘t be checking are rifles and ammo at the Texas border to see if we have the proper head stamping on cartridges matching the calibers of our rifles, will they? Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!

2. wesheltonj

wesheltonj AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Benefactor-Life NRA, DSC, SCI
    Hunted:
    USA, RSA
    That depends on if you live on the western or eastern slope. The west gets a free pass.

3. CoElkHunter

CoElkHunter AH Fanatic

Well, I live in Colorado Springs on the Front Range. I guess when I/we “fly” down to Texas in my older Ford diesel for pig hunting, we’ll have to make sure of the matching rifles and cartridges, locks in every hole in the gun cases and separate storage for our large bore African rifle ammo! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!

4. Patton63

Patton63 AH Veteran

Video/Photo:
    +1. My son and I hunted Aoudad with Erik (@gizmo) last year and the experience was outstanding - from the hunting, to the food, to the guiding, to how comfortable he and Justin make you feel.

flat8 likes this.