USA: Another Spring Turkey Season In The Books...

firehuntfish

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI NRA QDMA NWTF TU DU
Hunted
Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, South Africa, USA, South, Central America & New Zealand
Although I was able to personally take a nice Osceola bird this year, overall, it was an off year for us. The birds would not gobble and were not strutting in the open fields for us late season. Henned-up gobblers locked down in the woods will usually live to see next spring. If you can't hear them or see them, they are usually pretty hard to kill.

Despite uncooperative birds, we did manage to score for my wife in Western Kentucky. I however, will be eating tags and gravy for dinner. Western Kentucky had a terrific early season with gobbling aggressive birds everywhere. But unfortunately for us, we were only able to get away for the last week of the season, and gears shifted dramatically as any turkey hunter knows will happen. From the forum, it looks like lots of folks around the county had a good season with lots of nice birds on the ground. Congrats to all on their trophies!

IMG_1448.jpg

IMG_1132.JPG

Well Dan she got a great bird! Better luck next season!

That is a pretty bird . Congrats .still working on mine a little over 2 weeks left to the season here in Ontario . I have a weeks holidays coming up too . The birds are unusually quite here too but as you said firehuntfish it can turn quickly .
Glen

Last season spring was really early in my neck of the woods. Hopefully we have a later spring this year. It’s looking that way right now.... I got a few scouted out.....

4E77DA04-734F-49F7-89CD-3224601E2690.jpeg
540A0C55-40FB-4455-8B10-EB7585EA31DA.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am headed out tomorrow into the Southern Adirondacks to try to get my turkey! Congrats on the successful hunting! Turkey hunting is one of those skills you develop as you do it but never completely figure out. Which is what makes it SO fun!

Finally got my first for this year this morning! Now for number two...
20180524_052547.jpg

toby got a new back scratcher.

DSCN0395 (2).JPG
DSCN0423 (2).JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LawerenceV

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross