Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
OFAH, DSC
Hunted
South Africa, Canada, USA
I met a fellow over drinks on Friday last. The normal small talk picked up considerably when he told me he took up training a Visla during COVID. He only got his hunting license to help train the dog. He was hoping to find other guns but wasn't having much luck....

Well.....

One thing led to another and I cancelled my Monday meeting to go hunt with Pax, a two year old Visla. Life is short and meetings are boring! Anyways, had to help a fellow out :)
20220321_120501.jpg
20220321_114839.jpg
20220321_105919.jpg

It was muddy, I slid inelegantly into a river. My shooting was marginal having not used my O/U in a bunch of years. That was annoying because I was extremely comfortable with that gun before, and dropped a lot of birds with it. But I redeemed myself with the last bird. The pheasant flushed behind us in a great flurry. I was able to turn onto it very instinctually and dropped it cleanly. I looked like a pro with that one which is all that really matters :D

We bagged a few chukars, a quail and that pheasant over the course of the morning. Great fun and I am very thankful for the opportunity.

Pheroze , how did you manage this "tuff duty?" Looks like the pup thoroughly enjoyed the outing.

Pheroze , how did you manage this "tuff duty?" Looks like the pup thoroughly enjoyed the outing.
One of those flukes in life. It had been a long week and I went out for a drink with my wife after work. I had met this fellow before but just pleasantries when out with mutual friends. We got chatting this time and now I think he is a forever friend lol. Very nice guy and it was generous for him to invite me along.

One of those flukes in life. It had been a long week and I went out for a drink with my wife after work. I had met this fellow before but just pleasantries when out with mutual friends. We got chatting this time and now I think he is a forever friend lol. Very nice guy and it was generous for him to invite me along.
Always nice to be able to "rent" a dog. All of the fun without all of the training, kennel and feeding. That's why my son has a couple of pointing labs.

Very nice looks to me like a lot of fun. Congrats
Bruce

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScottyB2157

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!