US Travel Bans/Restrictions South Africa

Non issue
You can get a pcr test in the airport mere hours before boarding your flight home
Problem solved

After reading the article, I think I understand, there are still globetrotting Americans (for hunting or otherwise) that have still not received their covid vaccines? I would have thought that those of us that travel internationally would have been the first in line to receive the shots when they became available last spring. Well so much for what I know.

Non issue
You can get a pcr test in the airport mere hours before boarding your flight home
Problem solved

And if you happen to have a false positive, then what? Not much time if you are at the airport,, and will these places retest you to make sure it's not a false positive?

After reading the article, I think I understand, there are still globetrotting Americans (for hunting or otherwise) that have still not received their covid vaccines? I would have thought that those of us that travel internationally would have been the first in line to receive the shots when they became available last spring. Well so much for what I know.

you would have thought wrong. No tinfoil hat is required to consider the vaccine risk/reward with some family members getting it and some not.

And all the while our southern border is being literally invaded daily for months on end with no end in sight by thousands of people from all over the world who are not being tested, not being offered a test or a vaccine, then being shipped all over the country unvaccinated, and Uncle Sippy Cup places more restrictions on American citizens??!!
So yeah, tin foil hat or not. Uncle Joe can suck my hemmies! He is more worried about a couple of BP horsemen trying to do their job and stop the invasion and nothing illegal or wrong took place there!
This is an invasion pure and simple, with the full blessing of the current administration and all who work for Sippy Cup. America is TOAST!
That senile old fool will be the ruination of this country, and anything he says will be automatically rejected by me and many others with minds of their own.

And if you happen to have a false positive, then what? Not much time if you are at the airport,, and will these places retest you to make sure it's not a false positive?

Many Countries including S Africa have no PCR retesting policy … a Pos is deemed a Pos & expectation to follow that Countries quarantine protocols.

Important Take-Away: don’t allow COVID to control your World Travel plans but equally be smart about the Travel Rules - know what ‘test type & time limits’ are required or accepted for your travels Into a Country & Return Home.

Ex: S Africa requires the more sensitive PCR to enter so NO getting around that mandate however not all Countries require a PCR to return home.

Yes, being immunized can dilute some COVID travel requirements but Antigen testing has become more widely accepted: easier to access, more affordable, can be used as a precursor screening, & usually doesn’t hit a National database.

Smart Traveling …

This is my point of contention with the entire international travel/testing mess. If one can show they’ve been vaccinated, why the testing? I’m not going to end up being quarantined in any foreign country on MY dime and using my limited vacation hours from work for an additional two weeks because of a false positive test!

I have not read this all. But even just on page 18 I have a lot of observations and comments.

1. I WAS SERIOUSLY GOING TO GET THE SHOT, likely the Pfizer, however I got sick before it was available to me. That is a long story in itself and a tale of woe regarding the behavior of the medical field and especially the CDC. After experiencing all that, and time having marched along... I'm going to join the white lab rats and give that shot a lot more time to be tested on other humans before I would now consider getting it. It seems to have become politically charged with no firm believable information coming from either side. Just lots of half truths, plays on words, misinformation and outright lies. Again, from both sides.
2. NATURAL IMMUNITY: I recently went in for my med check and follow up appointment on my Covid-19 recovery. My doctor pushed hard for me to get one of the mRNA shots, saying it gives 4 times the protection of natural immunity. I insisted they check my natural antibodies. She said she did not even know how, if insurance would pay for that, and even what the cost might be. I insisted and as they did xrays of my lungs, she apparently figured it out.
So I get a nice printout of my labs with numbers for everything. Except for my Covid-19 antibodies she typed that I have very high levels and she still recommends I get an mRNA series of covid shots. That day a report came out of Isreal that natural immunity is 27 times better than the shots!

I called for the actual numbers. Fortunately a secretary type handles those calls so just the facts, no medical opinions. The nice lady on the phone says, gee, I've never seen one of these before... this is a couple weeks ago! She reads that a 1.00 or higher indicates antibodies are present in adequate amounts. Ok, so is that my results... she thinks so... I inquire further. Oh wait. Something near the bottom reads that my levels are 20.00! So yea VERY HIGH. Why would I risk getting the shots with that level of protection present?
3. RECOVERED PATIENTS DYING: There is so much anecdotal evidence out there that people who had the disease and then get the shot too soon, end up sick and too often dead! And the day I got out of the ICU, the one non robotic doctor (out of at least 6) I had told me to wait about 4 months before getting a shot. Yet the people in the system wanted to give me the shot at discharge. Then I got called the next day, two weeks later, etc. They are outright killing people with natural immunity for no reason! The shot pushers can go to hell!

4. MY FULLY VACCINATED MOTHER has Covid-19. She got it from a fully vaccinated person. That is why getting the shots and acting all superior is bullshit! This is happening very widespread. Talk to a cross section of nurses working Covid and you may be shocked by the amount of "vaccinated" people in ICU.

5. TRAVELING: So I'm posting this from Tanzania. Had to get a RT PCR test no more than 72 hours before arrival. I could find no good options near home, over 2 hours from the airport. But at the airport it was available with results in an hour. So we got to the airport plenty early and yes we passed with a Negative test. For two of us it was $404. Then upon landing in Dar es Salaam we had to be tested again. This time $19 and results in 15 minutes! Also Negative :)

6. THIS DISEASE IS REAL AND REAL BAD, however the treatment regimen in the hospital is in my opinion killing more people than Covid-19 itself.... but that is another discussion.

What happened to those who took Zantac, or Talcum Powder and are now fighting cancer? These products were FDA approved, and years later discovered the link between using these products and cancer. Yes, the vacc may be "good" but what are the possible long term side effects? Is it worth it for someone who is healthy? I say no.

My wife has had it twice (first time we both had it), this time a month ago, she got it from a coworker. We did not quarantine from each other, and I had nothing, and tested negative.

What happened to those who took Zantac, or Talcum Powder and are now fighting cancer? These products were FDA approved, and years later discovered the link between using these products and cancer. Yes, the vacc may be "good" but what are the possible long term side effects? Is it worth it for someone who is healthy? I say no.

My wife has had it twice (first time we both had it), this time a month ago, she got it from a coworker. We did not quarantine from each other, and I had nothing, and tested negative.
Yep! Google the formerly FDA approved Rofecoxib (Vioxx), used to treat osteoarthritis. Merck withheld information about the drugs risks from the FDA and doctors who had ultimately prescribed it to over 80 million people worldwide for years. Between 88 and 140,000K cases of serious heart disease resulted from it's use. Remember, in the US, clinical trials and the testing of drugs are conducted by the pharmaceutical companies and NOT the FDA. The FDA approves/disapproves drugs based on the information provided by those companies. It has always seemed to me a gross conflict of interest. With the various Covid vaccines produced so quickly, who knows what, if any, long term side effects will result?

So I got the J&J shot last April, on September 5, I woke up not feeling well, fever, lightheaded, and a cough, I knew I had covid so I isolated myself. I went and had a covid test which was positive. Then the wife got sick, she was not vaccinated, and was sick for about 10 days. My vaccinated buddy got sick about a week after me, ended up in the hospital, said he thought he would be home Wednesday, got a call Tuesday he had died. I had a bear hunt planned in Manitoba, went to get the PCR test 72 hours before entering Canada, I was still positive and was told I would test positive for about 90 days. The Arrive Canada App which you are required to have with all you information downloaded on, says if you have had covid and recovered from covid you can enter Canada with a positive PCR test that is at least18 days old but less than 180 days old. So I called the boarder crossing where we would be crossing, its about 1100 miles from home, I explained my issue to the boarder agent, his answer was no negative PCR test 72 hours before you enter you can't enter. I explained to him what I read on the Arrive Canada App, he didn't care what it said I was not going to be allowed in. So I missed a bear hunt and will most likely miss a deer hunt the first week of November because I most likely will not test negative until December. I got the shot so I could travel to Canada, Mexico, and Africa, my first and second hunt out of country will most likely not happed now, because the people protecting the boarder either don't know the rules or don't care what the rules are?

There is so much misinformation out there that no one really knows WTF is going on. Very sad, but it's the reality.

Antibodies do work, like in my case, but unfortunately no one cares, and no one wants to take the time to investigate this further. Those docs who believe in natural immunity are outcast. Sad times we live in.

Last edited:
So I got the J&J shot last April, on September 5, I woke up not feeling well, fever, lightheaded, and a cough, I knew I had covid so I isolated myself. I went and had a covid test which was positive. Then the wife got sick, she was not vaccinated, and was sick for about 10 days. My vaccinated buddy got sick about a week after me, ended up in the hospital, said he thought he would be home Wednesday, got a call Tuesday he had died. I had a bear hunt planned in Manitoba, went to get the PCR test 72 hours before entering Canada, I was still positive and was told I would test positive for about 90 days. The Arrive Canada App which you are required to have with all you information downloaded on, says if you have had covid and recovered from covid you can enter Canada with a positive PCR test that is at least18 days old but less than 180 days old. So I called the boarder crossing where we would be crossing, its about 1100 miles from home, I explained my issue to the boarder agent, his answer was no negative PCR test 72 hours before you enter you can't enter. I explained to him what I read on the Arrive Canada App, he didn't care what it said I was not going to be allowed in. So I missed a bear hunt and will most likely miss a deer hunt the first week of November because I most likely will not test negative until December. I got the shot so I could travel to Canada, Mexico, and Africa, my first and second hunt out of country will most likely not happed now, because the people protecting the boarder either don't know the rules or don't care what the rules are?
Sorry to hear this. Seems we're at the mercy of whomever makes the decisions in real time regardless of "official" rules. At least you didn't drive 1100 miles to the border just to have to return home. Or worse, having contracted Covid while in Canada and then having to quarantine there before being allowed back into the US?

I was never really nervous about traveling out of country, but now I have to think about it before I go. I should have the antibodies along with the shot so I should be good right? On the good side my 3 buddies who went got 3 nice bears, 2 black, one 516 pounds the other 325, the third was a 225 pound chocolate colored black bear. Heading to New Mexico next week for rifle elk hunt, then October 31, heading to Illinois for a week of bow hunting on our lease, no boarders to cross just state lines.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SVCBoyd46

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg