US Travel Bans/Restrictions South Africa

It's also my understanding that you can not go through Amsterdam with broadheads either on arrows or in a broadhead case.
That's correct or at least was in the recent past.

This is what I was told today about Amsterdam.
Screenshot_20210128-160809_Facebook.jpeg

Guess I’ll be waiting on my call. Did they offer a refund or another route?
Just got a call from Delta flights to Jo-Burg cancelled until June 26th guess it wasn't meant to be this year!
My Delta flight leaves May 23 and just checked today and they are still on as far as I could tell. I as well would prefer refund but looks like they will only credit??

Guess I’ll be waiting on my call. Did they offer a refund or another route?
The Delta App still showed the direct flights available for June 1 as of this afternoon. I did not follow it through to booking, however. But not when i looked at one or two earilier dates.

My July Delta ATL - JNB direct flight is still showing as Open, btw.

Alternate flights show routing to AMS then KLM to Joburg. Lots of hours.

My Delta flight leaves May 23 and just checked today and they are still on as far as I could tell. I as well would prefer refund but looks like they will only credit??
My flight still shows confirmed as well. Scheduled to leave 4/30. I emailed my travel agent last night and she is expecting the cancellations for April and May. She’s waiting on Delta to send the updates.
My PH sent me a message back that his other clients were getting refunds and jumping over to Qatar.
I know that’s a lot of he said - she said. so will wait and see.

The Delta App still showed the direct flights available for June 1 as of this afternoon. I did not follow it through to booking, however. But not when i looked at one or two earilier dates.

My July Delta ATL - JNB direct flight is still showing as Open, btw.

Alternate flights show routing to AMS then KLM to Joburg. Lots of hours.
I see the same. My flight is booked for 4/30. AMS is an option if I can’t get refunded. I’d hope that the Netherlands police would have time to approve my firearms transit if I do have to take this route. Bought a new rifle to take this year for my first DG hunt.

I see the same. My flight is booked for 4/30. AMS is an option if I can’t get refunded. I’d hope that the Netherlands police would have time to approve my firearms transit if I do have to take this route. Bought a new rifle to take this year for my first DG hunt.
When I said “if I can’t get refunded” I meant to try to jump on a different airline with better route. Not cancel the trip. If there’s a logical way to go, I’m going.

Wonder how that is going to affect British Airways flights from Heathrow to South Africa? They aren’t flying those big jets 11 hours with just transit flyers I wouldn’t think....I’ll see if they release any updates next week. Thanks for the info

BA isnt flying to SA at moment...postponed restarting flights when uk government stopped SA citizens etc from being allowed to enter uk...

Canadas dictator just announced mandatory test and hotel for all travellers returning to Canada. Details are slim as normal, Gov cant make a real plan before the big announcement for the sheeple. Starts at $2000 until test results are received, negative and finish self isolation at home, positive stay in jail/gov hotel at your expense. No idea of these costs. 1.4% of cases have been linked to travel, this is a load of crap and will effect our planned summer trip. No $$$$ to pay the dictator, lets hope its not in effect June, but trip just got jeopardized. Dam this crap.

Now the sheeple are calling for domestic travel to get stopped??? Our a-hole Premier in BC leading the charge.

MB

Last edited:
Reactions: cls
BA isnt flying to SA at moment...postponed restarting flights when uk government stopped SA citizens etc from being allowed to enter uk...
Thanks for the update....guess I'd better call BA and find out what the scoop is for my April flight

I talked to my PH in Botswana yesterday. We arrive in Gaborone but will drive north during our trip and depart from Kasane. He assures me, that for $75 US, we can get tested as we pass through Francistown, and there was one other town along our path also but I can't remember the name. They email the results to you in under 12 hours. Very hassle-free. He said it is quick and easy. He said you are in and out in minutes.
Just heard from my PH that testing is available in Maun.

I have a Delta flight scheduled 4/18 thru 4/30 (ATL to JNB to ELS).
I just checked and on the return flight they added an extra leg from JNB to CPT then back to ATL.

Thanks for the update....guess I'd better call BA and find out what the scoop is for my April flight

Lufthansa new mask requirements:

New mask policy as of Fe‍bruary 1. We are adapting our policy regarding face masks while traveling. From Fe‍bruary 01, 2021, only the following types of face masks will be permitted on flights to and from Germany: FFP2, KN95 and N95 standard or surgical masks. These must be worn during boarding, on board and when leaving the aircraft. Masks made of fabric, masks with valves or visors will not be permitted.

For the Canadians on here: Trudeau announced new restrictions on non-essential travel today which will run until at least April 30:
- All travellers returning from out of country must take a mandatory PCR test and then quarantine for 3 days at a government approved hotel. This is to cost around $2000 PER PERSON and they have to pay for it. If the test is negative they may finish the 14 day quarantine at home. If positive they have to finish the 14 days at a government approved facility.
- Only four airports across Canada will accept international flights; Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto and Montreal.
- Air Canada, Westjet, Air Transat and SunWing have been suspended from flying to all Caribbean countries and Mexico.

Certainly glad that I have no holiday booked and feel for those that do.

Reactions: cls
For the Canadians on here: Trudeau announced new restrictions on non-essential travel today which will run until at least April 30:
- All travellers returning from out of country must take a mandatory PCR test and then quarantine for 3 days at a government approved hotel. This is to cost around $2000 PER PERSON and they have to pay for it. If the test is negative they may finish the 14 day quarantine at home. If positive they have to finish the 14 days at a government approved facility.
- Only four airports across Canada will accept international flights; Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto and Montreal.
- Air Canada, Westjet, Air Transat and SunWing have been suspended from flying to all Caribbean countries and Mexico.

Certainly glad that I have no holiday booked and feel for those that do.

Never mind that every intermediary country we would have to travel through to get to (Anywhere Africa) is restricting travel of non citizens or out right banning them from entry.

Looking at Qatar. They have same issue? Be flying from DFW

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Efren35C00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross