US Travel Bans/Restrictions South Africa

"There's something out there waiting for us and it ain't no man".

"We're all gonna die".

I talked to my PH in Botswana yesterday. We arrive in Gaborone but will drive north during our trip and depart from Kasane. He assures me, that for $75 US, we can get tested as we pass through Francistown, and there was one other town along our path also but I can't remember the name. They email the results to you in under 12 hours. Very hassle-free. He said it is quick and easy. He said you are in and out in minutes.
Is it the PCR test? That’s the requirement

What if you are simply stopping in the UK returning from SA enroute to the US, does that quarantine apply there as well or just for UK citizens returning home?
I don't believe it will affect anyone in transit, the gulag hotels are just for us Brits who can't be trusted to go home and stay there for the duration of our quarantine because we are bad people.

Zimbabwe is reporting the deaths of three top officials, including two cabinet members, from Covid, plus a general rise in Covid cases. Is it really worth the risk to yourselves and possible others to travel to Africa, or anywhere else at this time, for fun and games?
Yes.

Here's a list of the countries banned by the UK from flying from or to as from today 27/01/21.
If any US hunters have a lay over in the UK that might involve leaving the airport, it will be worth checking with your travel advisor prior to departure.
38548034-9193227-image-a-11_1611760834145.jpeg

Anyone have information if Qatar air is Filling center seats on long international flights

Here's a list of the countries banned by the UK from flying from or to as from today 27/01/21.
If any US hunters have a lay over in the UK that might involve leaving the airport, it will be worth checking with your travel advisor prior to departure. View attachment 386279No

Wonder how that is going to affect British Airways flights from Heathrow to South Africa? They aren’t flying those big jets 11 hours with just transit flyers I wouldn’t think....I’ll see if they release any updates next week. Thanks for the info

^^^^^ All of South America and every African country that hosts trophy hunting. How convenient.

Getting real scared about a June depart from Canada, Van to Toronto then ending somehow in SA. Travel agent said wait till next week, we have our supreme dictator making an announcement later this week. Cant stop travel as its in constitution, so he says he going to make so many road blocks and so expensive that we wont travel. Rumor is 14 days in a provincial run "hotel/jail" at travellers expense as a start. No idea for how long these rules will apply. Dam this covid crap.

MB
I can't watch him. I need to read it later. I've gone through too many monitors watching him speak.

I'm booked from Toronto to Johan. June 22. Flying on Ethiopian direct to Addis. Then Addis to Johan. It was the cleanest option. My last trip via Europe was brutal. Those 4-5 hours between two long ass flights make it even worse. I'd rather get on a even longer flight. Get drunk and go.to sleep lol.

I can't watch him. I need to read it later. I've gone through too many monitors watching him speak.

I'm booked from Toronto to Johan. June 22. Flying on Ethiopian direct to Addis. Then Addis to Johan. It was the cleanest option. My last trip via Europe was brutal. Those 4-5 hours between two long ass flights make it even worse. I'd rather get on a even longer flight. Get drunk and go.to sleep lol.
I am same, cant stand the fool, every time he says "I represent Canadians" I cringe, he in no way shape or form represents me, he's a lying cheating hypocrite.

I have gone thru US=never again, also thru Germany= was great, train ride and day at Coliseum, beer and awesome food, but world has changed. Plane rides to safari never really bothers me, so dam exited not even 3 Ativan puts me out. Your route and airline are the same one I was going last June 23, then covid postponement. I want same this year, could even book same day and plane?? I was hoping for a long layover in Ethiopia to go out and about, but now?? Hunt planned start is 29 June, who/what company is doing your pre boarding Covid test? Some companies in Vancouver are doing at $378 each. Non at airport. I am hoping Premier Fords plan to have testing in Pearson happens soon, arrive day before, test, then board Ethiopian next day. I am hoping no other airlines jump on the banning flights bandwagon.

MB

Just got a call from Delta flights to Jo-Burg cancelled until June 26th guess it wasn't meant to be this year!

Just got a call from Delta flights to Jo-Burg cancelled until June 26th guess it wasn't meant to be this year!
Sorry about that, but shouldn't be a surprise to anyone trying to go to S.A.

My Delta flights were re-routed through AMS. Taking KLM to JNB. I leave LEX on 26March and return to US on 09April. My fingers are crossed, as previously stated, if they are flying..... I am going!

My Delta flights were re-routed through AMS. Taking KLM to JNB. I leave LEX on 26March and return to US on 09April. My fingers are crossed, as previously stated, if they are flying..... I am going!
Good luck to you on your hunt. If you are carrying your own guns, be sure to check the Amsterdam rules. In years past the rules carrying guns through the Netherlands were quite different if I remember correctly.

Thank you sir. I really wanted to take my old reliable 30-06 that I have had for 45 plus years. Will rent lodge's firearm. Was there in2019 with my own rifle, but we shot at the range one day just wasting time. Good thing is when flights return to normal I will have an excuse to make my 5th trip. I looked into it, but there is enough crazy going on with CV-19 issues alone. This is a plains game trip, although I just might have to take another zebra.

And here I was just about to confirm my Delta flights via JNB to WDH. Will see if I can get to Namibia via Ethiopia.

Anyone else had any luck getting cash credited back from Delta? Do not want to route through Europe. I've let them hold onto my money for over a year already without asking for anything. It is a reasonable request to be paid back.

Zimbabwe is reporting the deaths of three top officials, including two cabinet members, from Covid, plus a general rise in Covid cases. Is it really worth the risk to yourselves and possible others to travel to Africa, or anywhere else at this time, for fun and games?
Absolutely

Thank you sir. I really wanted to take my old reliable 30-06 that I have had for 45 plus years. Will rent lodge's firearm. Was there in2019 with my own rifle, but we shot at the range one day just wasting time. Good thing is when flights return to normal I will have an excuse to make my 5th trip. I looked into it, but there is enough crazy going on with CV-19 issues alone. This is a plains game trip, although I just might have to take another zebra.
It's also my understanding that you can not go through Amsterdam with broadheads either on arrows or in a broadhead case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg