US Travel Bans/Restrictions South Africa

This year I had flu A and when I told the doctor that it was about the worst thing I could remember having they said, "it should've been because it was actually H1N1 but no-one was referring to it as that but instead flu A".
I had the exact same thing last January. I kept myself in the basement to stay away from the kids and wife. I had absolutely zero symptoms except a fever and shivers that I could not shake for 5 full days. It was brutal. My back was so sore after it was all done just from being in a contracted state for so long with all of the shivering. I am sure what I had would have killed every grandma in the county. But guess what? this one has been around for years and no one is talking about it. You know why?? Cause it is a natural part of life. The Flu exists and we will all face it at one point or another in our lives. Hopefully when we are young and healthy. And you know what, 90% of us who die of "old age" typically is the flu that does us in. Society now thinks they can rewrite the rules of nature and make everyone live forever. And are trying to create a flu shot that can save the world of the flu. Nature will always make a new one that we haven' thought of yet. Just like we can't make walls to stop tidal waves, we can't make buildings that are earthquake proof, we can't make houses that are tornado proof. We can do our best to be safe and that is all we can do. But eventually nature outsmarts us. Oh ya.... I forgot to mention..... there is another deadly disease we have all just learned to accept and live with. Cancer.

BUT THE ONE THING THAT BLOWS MY MIND!!! This entire pandemic you got fauci and all his minions. Talking about wearing masks, gloves, sanitizer, 6ft etc etc etc. But at the end of the day this is a virus that your immune system will fight. So yes without antibodies you will likely contract it if in contact. But your symptoms can be from severe to almost nothing based on a few factors. Yes preexisting conditions make it worse, but your own personal immunity is a massive factor in your experience with Covid. Not a single freaking time did I hear Fauci or any global health official say eat fruits and vegetables, take vitamins, plenty of vitamin C, limit alcohol or smoking, exercise etc. GET HEALTHY. Because that alone could easily be the difference between life or death if you contract any FLU virus. My grocery store has all the fruits and vegetables and vitamins you can possibly need..... but no fucking toilet paper or masks.....

Sorry rant over.

@Chago "BUT THE ONE THING THAT BLOWS MY MIND!!! This entire pandemic you got fauci and all his minions. Talking about wearing masks, gloves, sanitizer, 6ft etc etc etc. But at the end of the day this is a virus that your immune system will fight. So yes without antibodies you will likely contract it if in contact. But your symptoms can be from severe to almost nothing based on a few factors. Yes preexisting conditions make it worse, but your own personal immunity is a massive factor in your experience with Covid. Not a single freaking time did I hear Fauci or any global health official say eat fruits and vegetables, take vitamins, plenty of vitamin C, limit alcohol or smoking, exercise etc. GET HEALTHY. Because that alone could easily be the difference between life or death if you contract any FLU virus. My grocery store has all the fruits and vegetables and vitamins you can possibly need..... but no fucking toilet paper or masks.....

Sorry rant over."

No need to apologize, you've got it exactly right. It is a virus. It acts like a virus, our bodies respond to it just like a virus as all similar mammals have reacted since the beginning. Our only advantage in our more recent history, as compared to the past, is we can fool the "virus vs human" ecosystem with immunizations or vaccines... sometimes.

But just don't get between the "Fauch" and a camera or a mic.

Sounds like flights are going to be hard to find for April and May. Expecting my Delta flight to JNB to cancel( rumor is for April and May cancel) heard United already cancelled direct flight for those months

My United flights were canceled today. No april or may flights.

Well.....crap!

Sounds like flights are going to be hard to find for April and May. Expecting my Delta flight to JNB to cancel( rumor is for April and May cancel) heard United already cancelled direct flight for those months

My Qatar flights are still on for may 1

Hope the other airlines don't follow along with this. British Airways is still open booking to SA from what I could see on their site tonight. Hope you can get a refund from United and possibly book on another airline.

Getting real scared about a June depart from Canada, Van to Toronto then ending somehow in SA. Travel agent said wait till next week, we have our supreme dictator making an announcement later this week. Cant stop travel as its in constitution, so he says he going to make so many road blocks and so expensive that we wont travel. Rumor is 14 days in a provincial run "hotel/jail" at travellers expense as a start. No idea for how long these rules will apply. Dam this covid crap.

MB

Getting real scared about a June depart from Canada, Van to Toronto then ending somehow in SA. Travel agent said wait till next week, we have our supreme dictator making an announcement la
Isn't it nice that our little shit Prime Minister is threatening Canadians that want to travel with lock up when we return? The other thing is him saying the government is going to make it difficult for us to travel yet he won't say how or when.....
Received a Whats App message from my outfitter/PH and due to the uncertainty about Canada he is postponing most of his hunts for Canadians (includes me) until later in the year or into 2022. I wouldn't hold out hope for Canadians hunting Africa any time soon.

It seems like non essential travel to and from the UK and South Africa is being banned and any travellers returning from there will require a negative test and then be bussed to hotels and locked up for ten to fourteen days at the traveller's expense, projected to be £1500.

Thats a hefty sum to pay to be locked in a room for ten days on top of the cost of a trip.

As most flights go through South Africa, it doesn't look like hunting will be happening for a while yet.....

It seems like non essential travel to and from the UK and South Africa is being banned and any travellers returning from there will require a negative test and then be bussed to hotels and locked up for ten to fourteen days at the traveller's expense, projected to be £1500.

Thats a hefty sum to pay to be locked in a room for ten days on top of the cost of a trip.

As most flights go through South Africa, it doesn't look like hunting will be happening for a while yet.....

What if you are simply stopping in the UK returning from SA enroute to the US, does that quarantine apply there as well or just for UK citizens returning home?

What if you are simply stopping in the UK returning from SA enroute to the US, does that quarantine apply there as well or just for UK citizens returning home?
I wouldn't route through either London or Germany to be honest.

Well, Delta has now routed me through AMS, so a KLM flight to JNB. Same return. I received a digital poster from my outfitter explaining the RSA rules and the precautions they are taking at the camp plus what is expected of us. I am going to do all I can to go on this trip. Tired of our tyrannical government.
All we need to do is use common sense, something DC does NOT have.

Isn't it nice that our little shit Prime Minister is threatening Canadians that want to travel with lock up when we return? The other thing is him saying the government is going to make it difficult for us to travel yet he won't say how or when.....
Received a Whats App message from my outfitter/PH and due to the uncertainty about Canada he is postponing most of his hunts for Canadians (includes me) until later in the year or into 2022. I wouldn't hold out hope for Canadians hunting Africa any time soon.
I really do not want to postpone another year, may be inevitable. Seams the world powers are checking off the next step in the plandemic. With Biden and Trudope they are free to dictate as they want. My outfitter is waiting for this weeks announcements. As a Canadian my worry is finding a test before departure. Also my travelling companions were really looking forward to car rental and being 14 day SA tourists after 21 day hunt. Dam those who made and released this crap.

MB

Jeff, I don't think that your cancellation has much to do with the latest announcement. I've been trying to find flights on United from Newark for the past 3 weeks, and could not find any flights, even out to August 2021. All of my enquiries, they only gave options either through Europe or Addis Ababa. I was searching even before Biden took office.

I am still hopeful for my May 28 departure.
Flying Qatar Houston -Doha - Joberg. Same route back. Hopefully all the barking by our government will slow down in the next month or so. Biden is just trying to show off in a lot of ours opinions that he can stop it. Give it a month and I bet it relaxes some.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AshleyOyi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg