US Fish & Wildlife Service May Add Common Hippos To Endangered Species Act

They never will. I guess you could look at that as being both good and bad. Good because there's a huge market in the East which could supplement any potential lack of (certain) Western nationalities coming to Africa to hunt, and bad because those same Westerners would unfortunately be missing out.

I just wish that all people from across the globe could enjoy what Africa has to offer instead of these insidious laws backed by NGOs getting in the way.
Yes African regions is something all should be cherising and let prosper on. Amd not divide and conqor out of NGO apparently dreaming about colonial history and working for itto come back in one way or other.

They are nuts.....

The evidence abounds in RSA and Namibia.

If the animals and their habitat provide a greater economic value than farming and livestock (and we know they do), regulated hunting does what we claim it does. Regulated hunting isn't the threat there, we all know that. It's the human encroachment of a continental population that has grown from~250 million to ~1.3 billion in the last 60 or 65 years.

@Sue Tidwell - would appreciate your weigh-in on this.
@S
The evidence abounds in RSA and Namibia.

If the animals and their habitat provide a greater economic value than farming and livestock (and we know they do), regulated hunting does what we claim it does. Regulated hunting isn't the threat there, we all know that. It's the human encroachment of a continental population that has grown from~250 million to ~1.3 billion in the last 60 or 65 years.

@Sue Tidwell - would appreciate your weigh-in on this.
@sgt_zim Sorry, I just saw this. Rick ended up with some time off so we are visiting friends for a week. Anyway, I haven’t had time to read all the posts but according to my research hippos are decreasing (20% in the last 20 years) and are now mainly expat only in protected areas. With that said, it is even more important to place a value on them and give people a reason to protect them. I haven’t had time to read all the FS stuff. Hopefully they will make a decision based in science and common sense. But like others here, I worry that too many people are now in the ranks who just don’t understand hunting…and will not fight for it.

I’ll try to read more about this later. I’m also trying to do my audiobook so I have been really distracted. Narrating and editing the audiobook is really time consuming…and harder than I imagined. . Sue

It would take me about 2.3 seconds to tell wildlife officials in Africa to F*** Off if they tried telling me what I could or could not shoot here in America.
There is a picture that I saw at a seminar that I mention in Cries of the Savanna. It is of a bunch of elders sitting in a circle around a fire in Africa. The caption above says “discussing the management of white tail deer in America”. That pretty much says it all. A picture is worth a thousand words.

Nuclear escalation in Ukraine, Banking collapse, Crime wave, Border Crisis...... and the Inyo Rock Daisy. Biden will struggle to prioritize this list. Hope his handlers make the right call. I still hope to hunt a hippo. ......FWB

This is not new. This has been proposed for some time now. This is merely a petition from the radical HSUS. As an SCI member when something actually comes up for public comment we get a link to send an email in opposition to the nutty antis. We need EVERYONE to be a member of SCI to stop proposals like this!
Regards,
Philip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg