US - Current Firearm Export Costs

Hunter4752001

Bronze supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
In previous times, even sporting firearms and reloading components were captured by the US ITAR system. An export of those goods required payment of a US$250 export permit together with an admin payment to the US exporter. I believe that in the last couple of years President Trump removed a lot of reloading components etc out of the ITAR system and now only required a much cheaper Dept of Commerce aproval. Does anyone know if sporting firearms (single action revolver) are currently subject to the ITAR system or the Dept of Commerce system?

Hi there

I did a bit of digging a while back as this was quite important to us Brits and it looks like there have been some sensible amendments. From the sporting arms perspective, this is perhaps the most relevant:

Revision of Category I

This final rule renames Category I as “USML Category I—Firearms and Related Articles” (formerly “Category I—Firearms, Close Assault Weapons and Combat Shotguns”) and amends the category to control only defense articles that are inherently military or that are not otherwise widely available for commercial sale. In particular, the amended category does not include non-automatic and semi-automatic firearms to .50 caliber (12.7mm) inclusive, formerly controlled under paragraph (a), and all of the parts, components, accessories, and attachments for those Start Printed Page 3824articles. Such items are subject to the new controls in Export Control Classification Numbers 0A501, 0A502, 0A503, 0A504, 0A505, 0B501, 0B505, 0D501, 0D505, 0E501, 0E502, 0E504, and 0E505, which also includes the items moved from Category II described below. Such controls in Category 0 of the CCL are being published in the companion rule by the Department of Commerce.

(Source: International Traffic in Arms Regulations: U.S. Munitions List Categories I, II, and III
A Rule by the State Department; Pages 3819-3833)

Hope this helps.

FN

Attachments

• 2020-00574.pdf
    341.5 KB · Views: 66

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BarrettAlfred

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross