Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/national-media-release/temporary-exportation-firearms

I just checked the site and it has changed from a mere month before. Starts with saying the 4457 is good to go, but at the bottom states one should register with the AES system. I have not done so and don't plan to, just had our two trip rifles placed on new 4457 forms in case of a delay in RSA.
Has anyone of late had any issues with not having been registered with AES? We leave in about 3 weeks for Namibia.

When I click on the page, there is a banner at the top that says that is archived content and is dated April of 2015. Searching the help system, seems you still just need to have a 4457
upload_2017-7-8_12-6-24.png

Not sure how you got such old info from the site, mine is dated April 2015, whereas my earlier copy from March reads like yours. The one I posted above was printed off the site today. At the bottom of the linked page it says last published Feb, 2017. Weird. Its also interesting that this latest page says nothing about putting ammo on the 4457 but the earlier one advises to do so for bringing back ammo. Not sure how you are seeing the older page and I am not??

I just did a search on the FAQ/Help section and that showed up. Either way, it's clear as mud

OK, so did like you and found the older page. The one I linked to is a Media release page, how I got that I don't know but its more current. I am going to take a copy of both and present whichever one is more apt for the situation to any agents who question the 4457 as adequate, if any feel the need.

Sounds like a good plan to me. (y)Be interested to see what the agents say

When I traveled last September I was told by the agent in Colorado filling out 4457 and when I landed in Chicago to not put ammo on a 4457

When I traveled last September I was told by the agent in Colorado filling out 4457 and when I landed in Chicago to not put ammo on a 4457

No need for ammo. Guns for sure it's required. If you have high end optics and cameras you might want to do a 4457 for them as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Donnie58Q

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!