Urgent advice on .375!

DOC-404

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Took my CZ 550 to the range today after recieving it back from the 'smith.It was in for a barrel band swivel mount,front ramp and re-blueing.The work is excellent,and I'm very happy.

The downside is that I now have rather deep scratching on my brass,starting at about 1.042 inches from the case mouth alost to the rim.It is actually leaving brass shavings in the entrance area to the chamber.With new and hand-loaded rounds.What is causing this now,and how do I fix it?

Thanks Guys,
Doc.

Sorted out! Found out about and met a Master Gunsmith (Retired) who actually lives in my village. What a nice person,too. He inserted a cutter and slightly rounded the leading edge of the chamber. Problem solved and feeds like butter!

Sorry I missed the original post, but glad it worked out for you. I had this exact same thing happen with a Remington I used to own, but it came straight from the factory that way. I'm thinking you've had this gun for awhile, so I wonder why this only showed up now?

Don't know, Phil. Possibly because they had the barrel off the action. Only the barrel was re-blued after the mods I wanted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arecruitment880

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!