Urban Hyenas attacking rough sleepers

LOL when I read the caption I thought they were attacking people who were snoring loudly!!!

I guess this means no one has the right to complain about urban raccoons anymore.

LOL when I read the caption I thought they were attacking people who were snoring loudly!!!

I guess this means no one has the right to complain about urban raccoons anymore.

are racoons that fierce???
all we have to worry about is possums ,and the odd fox in towns .

Eastern Canada has plenty of Racoons in the cities.
Rabies carrying aggressive pests.

Out west we get an occasional Moose, Black Bear, Cougar (Mtn Lion) rolling through towns along the rivers. We have resident Deer and Coyotes in many cities.

A good example of how folks in the first world "deal" with problem critters. Study them.:
Calgary Urban Coyote Study | University of Calgary

Not exactly a third world Hyena Problem.

They are a very intelligent nuisance with opposable thumbs that can get into anything that is not padlocked or welded shut. I believe Raccoon is Latin for spreader of garbage and pestilence.

Hello Adrian, thanks for sharing!

I think AH member Anbessa Gedai may be able to remedy that situation. :D

Here is an interesting article he shared with us that may be of interest to you.

It sure was to me. AfricaHunting.com - No shortage of Hyenas in Ethiopia!

Greetings and salutations to all fellow
HYENA-ENTHUSIASTS!!! o_O
I happen to be back in my old home town of Addis Ababa at the moment . . . stopping over while en route to Kenya & Mozambique.
And I can confirm hyenas still roam the streets here as I heard one no more than a block away when entering the gate of the “Bed & Breakfast” where I am lodging late last night.
And well done on “connecting-the-dots” Thomas . . . I was the hunter that performed the airport cull (6), and one of two riflemen that culled 10 (9 adults and 1 pup), in the bushy area known as “Peacock Park” right in the middle of the upscale neighborhood known as “Bole”. The BBC story would imply that that was December of 2013, but it was in December of 2012. Hyenas are still thriving here in Ethiopia :D

Hi Anbessa Gedai!

I always enjoy reading your contributions here. Your article immediately came to mind when this thread originated.

Will you be doing any hunting when you travel to Mozambique this time?

They are a very intelligent nuisance with opposable thumbs that can get into anything that is not padlocked or welded shut. I believe Raccoon is Latin for spreader of garbage and pestilence.

Good one!

I believe the name raccoon comes from the native american ahrah koon em which means something like "scratches with his hands".

I had looked this up while fighting a raccoon in a wall of my house!

Out west we get an occasional Moose, Black Bear, Cougar (Mtn Lion) rolling through towns along the rivers. We have resident Deer and Coyotes in many cities.
Not exactly a third world Hyena Problem.

an a lot of Boars,especially in Berlin :)

@Anbessa,
what do you think, how old is the boar on your Avartar Pic?
And the Weight ?
Where taken ?Cameroon ?

greetings
Foxi

Attachments

• Wildschwein in Berlin.jpg
    Wildschwein in Berlin.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RaymondNie

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.