Uploading Videos

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by JimP, Jul 13, 2015.

1. JimP

JimP AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA, RMEF
    Hunted:
    US (Utah, Arizona, Idaho, Colorado, Nevada. Canada (British Colombia), South Africa (Eastern Cape)
    I have a few videos from a GoPro that I would like to upload to the photo section so that I can link to them in a thread. I have tried a couple of times to upload them but the err out. So, is it possible to do it. The files are MP4 and MOV file extensions.

I don't want to upload them to YouTube since the operator of the farm where they were taken doesn't want them available to the public at large but is fine for them on a forum. It has to do with my experience of hunting with cheetah's.

So is there any help for me or am I a sinking ship? :A Stretcher:

Thanks

2. BRICKBURN

BRICKBURN AH ENABLER SUPER MODERATOR CONTRIBUTOR LIFETIME TITANIUM BENEFACTOR AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico
    You can use privacy settings on Youtube.

This may assist you in what yo are trying to achieve.

YOUTUBE
    Unlisted videos
    Making a video unlisted means that anyone who has the link to the video can view it. Your unlisted videos won’t appear to others who visit the Videos tab of your channel page and shouldn't show up in YouTube's search results unless someone adds your unlisted video to a public playlist.

To share an unlisted video, just share the link with the people who you’d like to have access to it, and they’ll be able to see it. Unlike private videos, the people you share the video with do not need a Google account to see the video. Anyone with the link can also re-share it in a number of ways, such as simply forwarding the link. If you don't want to allow others to re-share your video, make it Private.

Your YouTube account needs to be in good standing to be able to create unlisted videos.

J may have other suggestions

3. JimP

JimP AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA, RMEF
    Hunted:
    US (Utah, Arizona, Idaho, Colorado, Nevada. Canada (British Colombia), South Africa (Eastern Cape)
    That may be the way to go.