Upgraded gun safe, now to fill it up...

Tanks

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Currently I have five rifles and four pistols in Pelican cases etc. all around the house with more firearms on the way. Girlfriend is getting mad at me for taking valuable closet space with all the gun cases ;)

It was time to upgrade my existing gun safe as over the years I have outgrown it.

For past several SCI/DSC shows I had been looking at Pendleton safes but couldn't justify it as I had a serviceable safe.

It was time. I chose their Knight model as I wanted the shelving space at the corners as well. Gave them a call and we configured the inside shelving based on my current firearms and future needs. The handgun shelf can accommodate my competition handguns with extra wide magwells and also smaller handguns like Sig P938. The "Lazy Susan" rotating middle was also a good selling point. I will not have to empty my safe to get to a gun in the back.

Got a text yesterday with pics, the safe ships Friday and should be here sometime next week. Here are the pics (due to lighting the black looks grayish, the safe is dark matte black).

L8X16Erl.jpg

LrhHzj4l.jpg

Attachments

• L8X16Erl.jpg
    L8X16Erl.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 69
  • LrhHzj4l.jpg
    LrhHzj4l.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 67
Last edited by a moderator:
I like the lazy susan. I'm always shuffling shotguns and rifles to get the one at the back of my safe.

I am jealous! Good for you!!!!

I like that lazy Susan idea. Now you need to buy more guns.

Nice safe! I have found that if you remove all of the women’s clothing, shoes and other useless items that there is plenty of room for more guns and ammo! They say linen closet, I say just how many sets of sheets do you need for one bed? Ammo closet has much more functionality to it. Carpenters wouldn’t make rooms square if corners weren’t excellent places to lean extra rifles! Women are just not pragmatic thinkers like a gun guy is. My last wife actually thought that the glass front “china Cabinet” was for putting pretty dishes in, who the hell wants to see what you eat off of? Now a few euro bear skulls and some nice knives, indeed something that draws interest from a guest while they dine on backstrap served on a paper plate while standing at the kitchen counter because the “dining table” happens to double as a perfect place to work on broken down firearms. WIMIN!

Nice safe, but highly recommend a G U N Room ;)

Nice looking safe.

However I am getting leery of the electronic combinations and the associated parts.

I've had two acquaintances in the past couple of years that have had them fail to unlock the safe. Two different manufacturers of safes. Their only recourse was to cut the safe open to retrieve their firearms

Awesome safe. I ordered one at DSC this year. I told them between taxidermy and finishing my basement I didn’t need it for about a year and a half. They said give a small deposit and let us know when you want it, no problem. Very helpful company and as a bonus Pendleton whisky is my drink of choice.

Nice!

Better be sure to keep that battery fresh in the electronic keypad...

I knew a guy who had to have his safe drilled to open it after the battery died. Granted, this was some years ago when the combination was kept in RAM memory by a capacitor while the battery was quickly changed, and I would assume that this may not be an issue anymore as I would assume that this happened often enough for manufacturers to now use flash EPROM memory that survives power off...

Those would of course probably be wiped out by an EMP but this is likely a bit far fetched scenario for everyday gun safety...

All my safes have mechanical dial locks... Old dog etc. I guess...

The Lazy Susan set up is really nice, although it seems that the struggle (as usual!) will be to have enough depth to accommodate the scopes :)

Last edited:

The Lazy Susan set up is really nice, although it seems that the struggle (as usual!) will be to have enough depth to accommodate the scopes :)

If you look at the inner row spots for rifle buttstocks you will notice that they are in between the spots on the outer row. So, rifles are not back to back per se. There should be plenty of room for scopes. I did notice that at the DSC show as well.

Hopefully ;)

I also notice that for each inner row inter space, there are two slots in the outer row... :whistle:

I suspect that if you strategically mix & match scoped rifles and unscoped shotguns, like we all do :E Rofl:, you will be OK :)

Anyway, you made the smart decision, you did not buy a 6 guns safe because you have 5 rifles (y)

Anyway, you made the smart decision, you did not buy a 6 guns safe because you have 5 rifles (y)

I will be filling less than a third when it arrives, so plenty of room for growth. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoelKalman

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg