AH senior member
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI Portland Chapter, Oregon
Quite awhile back I asked for input on animals for my second safari.

That was before I'd gone on my first safari for blesbok, gemsbok, impala, and lioness, (baboon & jackal that we ended up never trying for).

I'd said that my wife had not wanted me to shoot a zebra because they looked too much like a horse and she'd had horses.

Well, the info I received was great. Many said don't try to choose but to go and enjoy & take what Lady Africa offered me.

When we were there, she asked me to get one of the owners of SCS off to the side and ask him how much she could shoot a zebra for:p. She later decided that she'd bring her own .270 instead of shooting my .338 WM so she had memories of taking game with her own rifle.

We are going back in 2010 to RSA. This time she will have her own .270 and plans to shoot a zebra as well as other game. Our adult sons will be joining us and I know that we'll enjoy every minute as we did last time. I SO look forward to seeing the dear friends we made while there last time.

I was planning on a cape buffalo on the second trip but have since changed my mind & to do as ya'll have said, Don't try to dictate to "Lady Africa".

Nyalla, warthog, zebra, waterbuck, diker, red hartebeast, blue and black wildebeast, a bigger kudu are all on the "wanted list" now, but as I said, we'll see what she has to offer us this time & enjoy every minute!

Bill those are all good animals to try and take.

I am happy to hear that you’re taking the wife and your son with good luck and happy hunting.

Cheers Louis;)

excellent choices...hope you succeed in hunting them all next year

...That sounds like agreat 2nd Safari! Good luck! It sometimes takes a 2nd look at something & it seems the same has happened for your wife! I think she will be glad when it's all oer on the change of heart!!

Here's a photo to give you a taste of what you're about to enjoy.

DSCN0836Small.jpg

There's nothing better than having your entire family along with you. I wish I'd started taking my kids sooner.

Attachments

• DSCN0836Small.jpg
    DSCN0836Small.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 89
That is one nice animal you got there, you could hunt a long time and not better that big boy...Nice family too! :)

The only animal i was to not shoot was a Zebra. Well that didnt work out. She still dosent know. One day when it magicaly appears in the trophy room, i am going to get an earful for sure.

Attachments

• africa 267A.jpg
    africa 267A.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 101
Ooooooh Thunderhead, you are going to be TROUBLE! :nonono:

ND

What worked for me

The only animal i was to not shoot was a Zebra. Well that didnt work out. She still dosent know. One day when it magicaly appears in the trophy room, i am going to get an earful for sure.

Well in my case it was just getting her there and letting her see the truth that they are as much like horses as a coyote is like the dog.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JacobI313

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!