Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Cleveland Gun Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe, SouthAfrica
The tall zip up pantry is obvious, keeps the monkeys at bay, but the item on the right is a bit unusual. Got tired of everything swimming in bloody water in chest coolers, so this is a vertical one. Ice block goes in the top tray and drips out the back. Keeps the whole inside nice and cool and dry. Idea dates from the pre- fridge days. Someone should do this commercially.
A64E5B0D-22F6-4242-A82B-F0157574EDE9.jpeg

The tall zip up pantry is obvious, keeps the monkeys at bay, but the item on the right is a bit unusual. Got tired of everything swimming in bloody water in chest coolers, so this is a vertical one. Ice block goes in the top tray and drips out the back. Keeps the whole inside nice and cool and dry. Idea dates from the pre- fridge days. Someone should do this commercially.View attachment 348017
Where' the Zambezi beers ? :p

For keeping things cold, and to have cold water to drink while afield (aka away from the house): fill plastic drink bottles about 1 to 1 1/2 inches from the cap and place in freezer.

I use various sizes of (20 ounce to 2 liter) gator aid, coke, spring water, 2 quart and gallon size milk and juice jugs.

With the assortment I can use them in a cooler/ice chest to keep things cold and as the ice melts I have clean water to drink and "ration" the amount of water used to wash/wipe off with. Of course I also freeze a few gator aid.

When out backpacking or just a day on the trail: one liquidated 20 or 32 ounce drink, some snacks, a sandwich or 3, maybe some real cheese with crackers, with a 20 or 32 ounce frozen container (in a ziplock bag) to keep the otherwise refrigerated items cold.

At the end of the day if the previously frozen bottle hasn't been used it goes back into the freezer. (Very seldom if ever this occurs, when I get home the frozen bottle gets refilled with water and frozen).

Of course there are also coolers that run off a vehicle battery and/or portable generator.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwoody

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross