Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
British Association of Shooting and Conservation
Hunted
England, Scotland, Namibia and Finland
A 6 point roebuck I stalked and shot last night. This is a better than average head for the area; the other bucks I've taken this year have either been young or well past their prime. It was also my first successful stalk with my young Labrador.

IMG_20200729_200739.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks; Dorset in the south west.

I still need to get on the ball and try get stalking permission somewhere. Loads of muntjac in the cereals around me in Warwickshire but I haven’t seen any roe.

Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Excellent!!

Nice, congrats !

A couple of very nice Roe deer. Well done gentleman. Thanks for sharing.
Bruce

I agree. Two beautiful roebuck! Need to add that to my bucket list.

I’ve not yet had a chance to hunt Roe buck. How is the flavor of the meat? About how many pounds of meat come off of one?

I’ve not yet had a chance to hunt Roe buck. How is the flavor of the meat? About how many pounds of meat come off of one?
The meat I ate in Poland I thought was excellent, not gamey like whitetail deer, but I didn’t think it was as good as elk.

Yes they are lovely deer to hunt we are lucky to have some really nice quality deer where I hunt as I manage them and let them get age I have actually hunted with a guy from Kentucky .he came to hunt roe buck three
times and probably my most successful guest he took one gold two silver two bronze plus management bucks on his trips also Good to eat
These are really nice roe bucks. I’m American, but I get more excited about roe bucks than any other animal. Just a lot of fun to hunt and a neat trophy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadSimpso

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg