UNITED KINGDOM: Red Stag Stalking In The Rut

Tom what have you done!!!!! that is incredible and the nicest head I have seen for a long time, well done mate just perfect

that is a nice head , well done

Tom what have you done!!!!! that is incredible and the nicest head I have seen for a long time, well done mate just perfect

Thanks for the kind words. The whole experience was amazing and I cant thank my friend enough! Chris wants to measure him and then he will be on the wall.

very nice stag. I am guessing a lowland stag? With a head as big as that. Was it Devon?
markcz

Wow somehow I missed this, that Stag is amazing. Congratulations!!! I would have been shaking all over with that guy at 100m.

very nice stag. I am guessing a lowland stag? With a head as big as that. Was it Devon?
markcz
Yes, from the Thetford area of Suffolk. Breckland stags; the biggest in body weight and antler in the UK.

lovely stag mate. Stags in Scotland would never get to that size. However stalking stags in Scotland is very challenging as the terrain is very difficult. You should book a Scottish trip you wont be disappointed.
This chap took 3 days of climbing mountains ,wonderful country. He dropped to the 30-06 at 170 yrds.
Markcz

SAM_1989.JPG

Ye
lovely stag mate. Stags in Scotland would never get to that size. However stalking stags in Scotland is very challenging as the terrain is very difficult. You should book a Scottish trip you wont be disappointed.
This chap took 3 days of climbing mountains ,wonderful country. He dropped to the 30-06 at 170 yrds.
Markcz

View attachment 163622

I have been to Scotland for Roe, I do need to go to the Highlands for a red though. As you say, size wise there is no comparison. The hinds down here weigh more than a Highland stag.

Congratulations on two great stags, I like your attitude towards hunting. Forrest

He was measured on Sunday having had the required 90 days drying out period. He made CIC Bronze at 173 CIC points :LOL:

CIC.JPG

Nice one Tom well done

Congrats! Nice one.

Interesting you had him at 8.5 Kg and the score sheet has him at 6 Kg.

Was your finger on the scale when you weighed him? That is a big drop in mass on the skull. I know wet vs dry, but wow.

By the way, Congrats on your Medal Stag.

You did well. Congratulations.

Interesting you had him at 8.5 Kg and the score sheet has him at 6 Kg.

Was your finger on the scale when you weighed him? That is a big drop in mass on the skull. I know wet vs dry, but wow.

By the way, Congrats on your Medal Stag.

I think perhaps with all the excitement on the day there was a misreading on the original weighing :LOL:. I witnessed the scoring so I can confirm its gross dry weight is 6Kg.

I think perhaps with all the excitement on the day there was a misreading on the original weighing :LOL:. I witnessed the scoring so I can confirm its gross dry weight is 6Kg.

Good thing you were not paying by the GRAM.
OUCH!:A Stretcher:

amazing stuff well done..look forward to seeing the mount

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genihi4888

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg