Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
British Association of Shooting and Conservation
Hunted
England, Scotland, Namibia and Finland
I was due to be stalking red deer hinds in the Lake District this week, but unfortunately Covid-19 meant the trip had to be postponed until next season.
I went out with a local guide and shot this muntjac buck from a high seat this afternoon; there'll be meat in the freezer and a new trophy on the wall.

IMG_20200318_155511.jpg

Too bad on missing out on the chance to go out for a red stag. Congrats on your success on the Muntjac. Cool looking deer.
Bruce

It looks like you found a good alternative to a hind hunt!
Congratulations!

Congratulations on your trophy and for being able to post an actual hunting picture for us.
It's refreshing.

Congratulations! Those little guys are on my list. Hopefully, one day I'll get my chance to hunt them.

Thank you, guys. The first deer I shot was a muntjac about 15 years ago. They are well-established in my part of Southwest England, and I've shot quite a few since then, but this is my best so far. They are very good eating, but tough to skin.

Nice! Hoping to get out for a munty this week myself!

Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Very cool. I love muntjac - fun to hunt and very tasty!

What an awesome “consolation” hunt. My cancelled hunts wind up with me hunting gas for the lawnmower.

Congrats on the hunt

Glad someone is able to hunt. Thanks for sharing.

Congrats! I would love to hunt a muntjac.

Congrats! Always good to keep the freezer stocked

Just had the head measured; my first gold medal in 20 years of deer stalking / hunting. It was also the fourth gold taken by my guide in the same area.

Congrats on your Muntjac! England has become a place I really want to come to hunt deer, especially Fallow, Roe and Muntjac. So out of curiousity, what is it that makes a Muntjac hard to skin?

Congrats on your Muntjac! England has become a place I really want to come to hunt deer, especially Fallow, Roe and Muntjac. So out of curiousity, what is it that makes a Muntjac hard to skin?
I have no idea what specifically it is but the skin seems thick, hard to cut and blunts your knife, fast.

Scrummy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaja

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,