United from EWR-JNB no firearms as of today

stingerup

Reaction score
Flew from DFW to EWR without issue. First trip to SA. Booked using African Odyssey and Hunter’s Support. I get to EWR and they removed three separate groups of hunters from the flight stating that as of today they no longer fly firearms to JNB. We called both US government and SAP and neither end has a block. It’s strictly a United issue. So now we are in EWR trying to rebook somehow. Any help would be awesome.

Damn, that must be a nightmare.

Is your travel agent awake?

Is your travel agent awake?
Already talked to them several times. She’s saying it’s all bs and theirs no rule from SAP or the US. She’s heading to the office now. Hopefully we will have an answer soon.

Though it will do you no good at this moment, United is/should be legally liable to reimburse you for any damages you incur i.e. costs to rebook with other airline, fly to other hub, lost funds for hunt deposit etc. Just like when they cancel a flight, they are liable to consequential damages based upon negligent misrepresentation. Good luck flying out with your rifles to another US hub where you can get a flight to JBerg.

Flew from DFW to EWR without issue. First trip to SA. Booked using African Odyssey and Hunter’s Support. I get to EWR and they removed three separate groups of hunters from the flight stating that as of today they no longer fly firearms to JNB. We called both US government and SAP and neither end has a block. It’s strictly a United issue. So now we are in EWR trying to rebook somehow. Any help would be awesome.
Delta via Atlanta to Jberg is only other direct. You dont need any special paperwork to travel with rifles on Delta just 4457 and RSA temporary import permit (I usually receive a copy by email before I fly out).

Feeling your pain
Please continue to share as able. It’s unreal what your doing but we appreciate the info a ton. Fingers crossed for you.

Looks like we are heading back to DFW. No flights available within 48 hours that aren’t through United.

Have they given you any explanation at all? I know they don't give a shit, but they could least tell you something.
56684536-8E87-43A1-BD63-A7D82718A4AA.png

I flew this route last summer, I think I was on maybe the 3rd flight over, it was an absolute shitshow coming back through EWR.

I received this message from Newark United agent this morning.

Good morning Patrick,
7:00 AM
Just heard from Johannesburg that the CAA
demanded a separate permit from United in addition
to the security company handling weapons for us. This
is allegedly incorrect demand and their decision will be
reverted today. Waiting for a senior manager of the
airport to send a written confirmation and we should
be ok to allow weapons back to normal on tonight's
flights to Johannesburg and Cape Town.
Sebastian”

What’s the CAA?

So is this a South African organization?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg