Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
Will they allow you to take weapons?

Good question.

United is ok with weapons, being from NJ and close to Newark Airport, I use them alot. My one cautionary tale is do not take possession of your weapons at Newark airport. Meaning if your flight is cancelled or you need to stay over due to flight scheduling, you must make arrangements so that you do not have to take possession. ie, fly in the night before and stay in a hotel. It is just illegal for non NJ residents to have a gun. I know crazy but it is what it is.
118766491_327602851817986_8765260077237849122_n.jpg

Never heard of this law. I hunted NJ as a non resident. There are a few gun clubs in South Jersey that the guys from PA, DE and MD go to shoot clays.

Nj law requires you to go straight to a gun range or hunting spot and straight home. No stops or layovers, technically no bathroom breaks for example. With that said, there have been cases as describe where the traveler had trouble when they went back to the airport to check in.

Before Covid19 I had heard United was going to Cape Town. I have some miles on my United credit card.

Before Covid19 I had heard United was going to Cape Town. I have some miles on my United credit card.
Yes that flight was and still is in operation. With the obvious delays this year. Guns or no guns it will put pressure on prices as the average traveler does not carry guns.

So if United is going to Ghana what does that mean for SAA who flies through there on way to JNB? It appears that SAA is still flying that route next year.

Be nice for some competition . Is it just me or is American airlines not so great.
Only airline I've had cancel and delay flights . I've flown them 3 times and had problems 3 times. Hope it works out for Africa. Definatly need more flight options.

Not sure this is entirely on point, but has anyone ever (conclusively) figured out the issue of transmitting the US with firearms as a non-resident?

Since there are direct flights from Calgary to Newark, and United is Star Alliance, a non-stop from Newark to JNB has a lot of appeal, but I've never been able to get a straight answer on transmitting the US with firearms as a Canadian. As a result, I fly through London or Frankfurt, but that adds a day to the trip.

Not sure this is entirely on point, but has anyone ever (conclusively) figured out the issue of transmitting the US with firearms as a non-resident?

Since there are direct flights from Calgary to Newark, and United is Star Alliance, a non-stop from Newark to JNB has a lot of appeal, but I've never been able to get a straight answer on transmitting the US with firearms as a Canadian. As a result, I fly through London or Frankfurt, but that adds a day to the trip.

Hank, Maybe the gurus at Gracy Travel or Travel Express would have the answer to your question? Gracy works on Canada trips.

Interesting, I flew SAA five times JFK to JNB in different years. Never had a problem with Port Authority Police or TSA there. Process changed a few times over the years but no issues aside from delays with long lines in customs on return (not forearm related). Of course its no longer relevant given the SAA situation.

Firearm or forearm related. Either one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goldpatnners

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,