UNITED ARAB EMIRATES: BOWHUNT: Arabian Oryx & Gazelles With Barari Hunting

Thanks for answer!

I was in contact with that outfitter about that time, and when asking the question if the trophy is exportable to EU, they did not reply on that one.

Why are those trophies not exportable to the US?

I have asked for export to eu. Never got reply, neither yes or no.

Arabian oryx is only huntable in that reserve in the world, under cites.
Gazzele, possible the same.
Btw, arabian oryx price there is with price of cape buffalo, when i checked then. I was not interested in oryx, but for gazzellas.

At the time i was working in UAE, so my flight tickets were on my employer, and hunt for resident was with discount. But, they did not confirm exportability. They could say yes, or no.

At the time, it was still new business start up, maybe they just lacked experience with westerners.
In the news, they were advertising discounts for locals. Maybe it was targeted local market.

Why are those trophies not exportable to the US?
They are exportable as the UAE does not ban exporting them. It is the USA that is the issue where they are still considered critically endangered because our government is slow to reduce restrictions and honor CITES permits.

They are exportable to the Eu. You can look it up on speciesplus.net

For me as from the Netherlands the Oryx is not because it is listed as an "A" species. The Netherlands do not issue import permits for those species as well as some "B" species

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VioletteFg

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!