United Airlines gun permit confusion

It's always something when flying with guns. Thankfully I fly out of little ole San Angelo where, for the most part, the agents are not freaked out about guns. I like it when they get this bewildered look on their faces when they see that, although they don't have a baggage arrangement with the next airline, my bags are all set to be tagged all the way through due to being on one ticket by a professional travel agent!
I have found when trouble befalls me with the airlines (read I've encountered an idiot with some authority) I just turn on the charm and be nice. It happens. Often!
Regards,
Philip
P.S. My next trip I fly out of Angelo at 5:00AM which means I have to be there at 3:00. Probably no one at ticket counter at that time. Man I hate starting a trip off sleep deprived!

Ive flown out of Kansas City four times with rifles and have never had a problem.

The ignorance runs deep with the ticket agents just about everywhere. Had one in Houston Hobby tell me I couldn't have my "am-ma-notion" (really how she pronounced it) in the same case as the weapon. I told her to get the supervisor over before I caused an international incident. He had no problem with my arrows being out of the original packaging in the same case as my bow! Lol
The urge to choke people increases daily!!!
Cheers,
Cody

It really comes down to the fact that if you are flying with weapons of any kind that you need to know the laws and rules that are involved.

With us being on this forum where 99% of us have flown with a rifle to another country we are or should be fairly well up on what the rules and laws are and I will even go to the airlines web site to check out their requirements just so that I know what they require. But that will never stop the person that wants to exert their authority over us just because they are in a position of power.

Thankfully I have never had a problem when I have flown across boarders but I try to be prepared just in case something happens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swasel

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!