United Airlines from US to Johannesburg flying prior to June 3?

Surgeon1

AH veteran
Reaction score
Has United decided to open flights to Joberg prior to June 3, despite prior cancellations???

No it does not look like there are direct flights from EWR-JNB around that time. It looks like June 5th is when the nonstops begin again.
The Delta flight resumes June 1.
Of course this all hinges on Biden ending the RSA citizen travel ban. I predict that around May most Covid restrictions will end and Biden will take credit for stopping the virus.
Let’s hope something happens so we can all go to Africa!

I think Philip is right, the victory lap will most likely start prior to summer, they can't go too long with number falling as fast as they are.

a hunter that is part of a group that I'm hunting with in SA this year has flights for himself and his wife on United from EWR to JNB, but we arent traveling until mid July..

Im Flying on Qatar, and have had a couple of changes made at this point (they appear to be consolidating flights or something?), but his tickets have been stable (no changes made by the carrier since he booked them a few weeks ago)..

I am booked on United for the end of June, I feel pretty confident it is going to work out.

Has United decided to open flights to Joberg prior to June 3, despite prior cancellations???
My family is following me over on the June 3 flight and at this moment that is the inaugural flight on that run. If there is a change to June 5 departure that is news to me. The first United flight from Africa will arrive on June 5. Some Business seats are still available and reasonable when compared to Delta. About the same as Qatar or Emirates.

Prior to this date the connection is either through Zurich or Frankfurt. Lufthansa baggage indicates they only allow one gun per case so Swiss is the choice. If this had been the routing both ways and for the family we would have gone Emirates into Harare or Ethiopian into Victoria Falls. The travel duration would have been longer, change in Dulles, and more expensive but worth it.

Is Delta not flying to RSA at all? I booked my flights last year but haven’t heard a peep from Delta regarding my flight being cancelled...

Flying in late May...

Delta direct flight from Atlanta to Jberg starts June 1.

Delta direct flight from Atlanta to Jberg starts June 1.

I cancelled my delta flights and moved to United. Received full refund. My entire group did. Delta not notifying me that my flight was cancelled was more than enough reason for me to change and hopefully never use them again as long as their are other choices to fly to RSA.

No it does not look like there are direct flights from EWR-JNB around that time. It looks like June 5th is when the nonstops begin again.
The Delta flight resumes June 1.
Of course this all hinges on Biden ending the RSA citizen travel ban. I predict that around May most Covid restrictions will end and Biden will take credit for stopping the virus.
Let’s hope something happens so we can all go to Africa!
I hope so. I have Delta direct from ATL to JBerg the first week of July

I cancelled my delta flights and moved to United. Received full refund. My entire group did. Delta not notifying me that my flight was cancelled was more than enough reason for me to change and hopefully never use them again as long as their are other choices to fly to RSA.
what date was the Delta flight that they cancelled?

what date was the Delta flight that they cancelled?

May 21st. My issue is they cancelled 1.5 months prior to me finding out. Never sent out a notification or explanation of any kind. I cancelled my flights, received a full refund, and booked through United. Lord willing, I won’t use them again due to how they handled the situation.

May 21st. My issue is they cancelled 1.5 months prior to me finding out. Never sent out a notification or explanation of any kind. I cancelled my flights, received a full refund, and booked through United. Lord willing, I won’t use them again due to how they handled the situation.
@russ_c ,

Did Delta cancel your flight altogether, or cancel the route and reroute you through Europe?

Cancelled flight with no designated option at the time. When I spoke to agent, was told of couple options, then told that my flight from Atlanta to Jo’Berg was cancelled in January (spoke with them in March). I took issue with having a flight cancelled and not being notified. My entire hunting party did, too. So, we were refunded our money and moved on.

I would take a boat rather than use delta

I book United IAH to JNB via ERW in January for flight departing 4/16/21. Flight was changed and eventually cancelled. I was given a full refund and rebooked on KLM (IAH-AMS-JNB) and that flight is still planned as of today. I like this flight because it arrives +1 of original departure in the evening meaning +2 you are arriving at your hunting location well rested. I wanted to try the direct USA to RSA flight because it offers the same +1 benefit but it wasn't meant to be. I am currently having issues with return flight on AF on May 1st as the date keeps changing but I am still planning to go ... Cant wait.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeniseDapl

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross