Unicorn Bongo in Central African Republic

Sounds like the trophy fee puts it out of my reach.

I saw a Kudu with one horn broken off. We lost sight of him. I would have liked the challenge of finding him but I took another. I took what the PH identified as it was a management hunt.

I would not shoot a Bongo.
The rancher next to my Comanche County deer lease had half dozen Bongo in his back yard and was building up a small herd. They were only visible when he took me on a tour of his heavily wooded property. Some of his fathers property also ran alongside where we hunted and there some amazing exotic trophies just across the high fence.
Wow you are talking a completely different thing and totally different experience of shooting a high fenced animal in Texas vs. Hunting a wild Bongo in their natural habitat. Not only is a proper bongo hunt expensive, but it is also quite a journey to get their not to mention those areas being under at least some threat of terrorism.

Further to the question posed by @LEFOL SAFARIS at full cost on a bongo hunt, why would you want to purposely send your client home with a substandard trophy? If that animal is close to camp, why not try to leave it there as a final backup plan if you get down to the last day on a hunt? And then you should discount it. Or i fully understand if a hunter preferred that type of trophy and inquired about it... But I don't get why you would seemedly push it.

Your hunters need to make a substantial investment not only in money, but a time commitment as well a travel expense and pretty substantial potential suffering of rough travel conditions to get there. With that commitment from your clients. Why would you not commit to getting them the best possible trophy and best possible experience. To travel all that way with all those days booked and paid for. Why go after a substandard animal known to be hanging around 1/2 mile from camp? Why cheat your client of the full experience? Seems to me they could go shoot the Texas Bongo instead.

Wow you are talking a completely different thing and totally different experience of shooting a high fenced animal in Texas vs. Hunting a wild Bongo in their natural habitat. Not only is a proper bongo hunt expensive, but it is also quite a journey to get their not to mention those areas being under at least some threat of terrorism.

Further to the question posed by @LEFOL SAFARIS at full cost on a bongo hunt, why would you want to purposely send your client home with a substandard trophy? If that animal is close to camp, why not try to leave it there as a final backup plan if you get down to the last day on a hunt? And then you should discount it. Or i fully understand if a hunter preferred that type of trophy and inquired about it... But I don't get why you would seemedly push it.

Your hunters need to make a substantial investment not only in money, but a time commitment as well a travel expense and pretty substantial potential suffering of rough travel conditions to get there. With that commitment from your clients. Why would you not commit to getting them the best possible trophy and best possible experience. To travel all that way with all those days booked and paid for. Why go after a substandard animal known to be hanging around 1/2 mile from camp? Why cheat your client of the full experience? Seems to me they could go shoot the Texas Bongo instead.
Well the hunter have the choice to take him or not so I don't see why I should make a discount and and also the cost and taxes are the same.
If we start to start to put a discount on this type of trophy so we should rise our prise for premium size trophy?

Bongo travel far it can walk for more than 15,5 miles in couple weeks so keep him in backup plan is nearly impossible. We take a track we don't know what is up front generally.

If I see it I will tell it to the client and after he choses but if we didn't see and was possible to see it not always in the forest I will do something.

I always communicate with the client on what he wants after I give some advice and opinion. Like this year I have a client he don't to use a car except for breaking back the animal.

Remember we are doing sustainable hunting and we are the only outfitter left in Central African Republic.

We don't cheat on our client the chance to start hunting by foot from the camp like in the old days it's chance!

in like flinn

i would prefer that bull to a normal one

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imogen6571

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois