AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Hunted
UK, South Africa, Namibia, Sweden
On the 2nd of November 2019 defra opened the consultation period for the uk trophy import ban there is an online survey that can be completed for those interested this consultation closes on 25th January 2020

I have sent my email and filled out the survey already to them. I hope we can make a difference. Everyone please help as this will soon be on your doorstep too!!

same, is there a link available and can non residents contribute?

Attachments

• hunting-trophy-consult-document1.pdf
    498.8 KB · Views: 203
  • Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 9.39.06 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 9.39.06 AM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 248
  • Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 9.39.08 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 9.39.08 AM.png
    559 KB · Views: 249
  • Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 9.39.09 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 9.39.09 AM.png
    388.6 KB · Views: 245
  • Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 9.39.13 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 9.39.13 AM.png
    485.5 KB · Views: 249
Last edited by a moderator:
Survey done. Why do I feel that as here in our country it just won’t matter what the people who understand the facts have to say. These types of decisions are no longer based on facts from other countries or experts, only what the non informed voting public has to say. I’m sure the great a Teddy Roosevelt is turning over in his grave over the way wildlife is being handled.

Done it and Email to follow.
Markcz

Glad I wasn’t born and don’t live there. USA still #1.

Where does this end? Cow skins no longer used for leather nor their horns for buttons et al. This is animal husbandry + waste not want not. Trophies are still used for their meat. UK Deer are most certainly in DEFRA's "impartial" sights. Wouldn't it be so much easier from a Govt standpoint to hand over large contracts to the likes of the RSPB to manage swathes of the countryside instead of private individuals (in every third way that doesn't involve hunting). Remove the deer and plant trees for birds and 're-wilding' by the green Taliban. Job done. It's the curtailment of the use of privately owned property that is really the ultimate consequence of this. This is no time for our fragmented industry to bury its collective head in the sand selecting their game as exempt from this consultation. Animal racism will only expedite the UK's hunting and shooting demise in our lifetimes.
What some fear is that the likes of the SCI's efforts are so behind the curve with allegedly outdated arguments and approaches that will not wash with the UK Parliamentary Members and vast majority of non-hunting public, that it reads like a slow train crash in motion. I really hope they are wrong.
The names 'Carrie Symonds' and 'Zac Goldsmith' may very well mark the beginning of the end as we know it for the species they seek to save. If only its had just stopped at Puffins!

Glad I wasn’t born and don’t live there. USA still #1.

Really..... Like you don't have any issues surrounding hunting trophies in the USA.....how bout lion...ele....rhino.... And the person just jailed for selling old ivory trinkets who didn't realise the law was being broken...... So think the term get off your high horse is applicable here....As you got plenty of issues over there as well....

Really..... Like you don't have any issues surrounding hunting trophies in the USA.....how bout lion...ele....rhino.... And the person just jailed for selling old ivory trinkets who didn't realise the law was being broken...... So think the term get off your high horse is applicable here....As you got plenty of issues over there as well....
We got your backs again in the 3rd World War just like we did in the previous 2 World Wars. Please make your contracted payments to NATO and quit sucking off the system. Yes, I am on a high horse and damned proud to be an American. Now get back to hating America and dealing with your trivial and ridiculous fur ban. USA still #1. Over and Out, TheGrayRider.

We got your backs again in the 3rd World War just like we did in the previous 2 World Wars. Please make your contracted payments to NATO and quit sucking off the system. Yes, I am on a high horse and damned proud to be an American. Now get back to hating America and dealing with your trivial and ridiculous fur ban. USA still #1. Over and Out, TheGrayRider.

....And that has absolutely nothing to do with how the USA is dealing with international hunting.....

You folks have a lot dealing with the turmoil in your domestic politics that hunting issues are being sacrificed for the larger economic agenda. Not saying it's wrong to be concerned, but @spike.t is correct when he point a out the USA is tilting the same way as the UK as it pertains to international hunting. The big difference is that the USA is miles ahead of Europe with its lobbying for hunters that I believe it's not as bad as UK and Europe. USA has a much stronger culture of free speech for these issues, thank goodness.

ok I don't normally reply to rubbish like this but when exactly did America fight a war and win on there own,without the help of anyone else.

Also no bans in place in the UK at this time on any legally hunted trophy imports or exports that's why it is important to participate in the consultation process.

Survey done. Why do I feel that as here in our country it just won’t matter what the people who understand the facts have to say. These types of decisions are no longer based on facts from other countries or experts, only what the non informed voting public has to say..........

The Mob Rules

Really. ...think you lot got there first

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/14/style/fur-ban-california.html

So careful you don't hurt yourself falling off your horse....(y):D

@Dudders Mate I have done the survey and sent a very strong email to my MP. No reply. I have also had a lengthy conversation with the head of policy at BASC. It seems they might just sit on there hands until January and they know more.
I'm also going to have a chat with as many wildlife ministers from the different countries this will effect when I'm in Dallas for the DSC. I think if they all send in supporting info to DEFRA they MIGHT just listen.

....And that has absolutely nothing to do with how the USA is dealing with international hunting.....

You folks have a lot dealing with the turmoil in your domestic politics that hunting issues are being sacrificed for the larger economic agenda. Not saying it's wrong to be concerned, but @spike.t is correct when he point a out the USA is tilting the same way as the UK as it pertains to international hunting. The big difference is that the USA is miles ahead of Europe with its lobbying for hunters that I believe it's not as bad as UK and Europe. USA has a much stronger culture of free speech for these issues, thank goodness.

+1
Well stated response calling out a straw man argument and getting back to the actual point.

survey done

Just saw the Boris is plotting to ignore the consultation and Ban Trophy Imports.
Astounding.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HongPilgri

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg