Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Hunted
England year round and Namibia x5.
With the latest book by Eduardo Goncalves who is naming UK hunters coming out, The Times in the UK wrote a nice little promotion for him.
I will post some of the questions asked of me by the journalist in due course. The level of stupidity that Goncalves displays and is putting forward to his readers is astonishing.
Fortunately for him, it's doubtful any of his readers will bother checking his 'facts'. Unfortunately for the rest of us, these people will be heard more than the African continent and it's wildlife.
It should be pointed out that the part that mentions me in this book has been copied and pasted from this forum although Goncalves has told The Times he contacted me personally under a false identity which is untrue. He has amalgamated hunts spanning five years and mixed them up in no chronological order making no sense.

How hunters’ trophies die in agony​

Britons have admitted killing for fun and chasing down wounded big game​

Dominic Kennedy, Investigations Editor
Thursday July 01 2021, 12.01am, The Times
South Africa
Alex Nielsen of West Sussex told an online forum of his activities in South Africa

Alex Nielsen of West Sussex told an online forum of his activities in South Africa
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/how-hunters-trophies-die-in-agony-lbktrhprs
https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?te...e/how-hunters-trophies-die-in-agony-lbktrhprs
https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sha...e/how-hunters-trophies-die-in-agony-lbktrhprs
Saved
The slow deaths of big game animals targeted by British hunters in Africa are disclosed today as pressure mounts for a ban on the import of trophies.

Hunters admitted shooting meerkats, monkeys and a cat-like animal called a genet out of trees for relaxation in between stalking more impressive targets in the plains and bush.

Many of the species they shoot are expected to be left out of the government’s promised legislation to stop the import of trophy animals. MPs from across the Commons are now demanding a complete clampdown.

methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F728c3e68-5311-4533-809a-b313a6503789.jpg

IN YOUR INBOX
Best of Times
We’ll send you our top stories, across all sections, straight to your inbox. Simple as that.
A glimpse into the world of safari enthusiasts was provided by Eduardo Gonçalves, a campaigner who posed as a would-be hunter seeking advice from Britons who had hunted in Africa.

His findings are published today in a book to mark the sixth anniversary of the shooting of Cecil, Zimbabwe’s most celebrated lion, with a bow and arrow by an American dentist. The wandering lion’s hours of wounded agony before he was finished off with a gun provoked international outrage.

Britons have provided graphic descriptions of how game creatures are sometimes difficult to kill cleanly and quickly.
Adrian Cawte, of Wellington, Somerset, told a hunters’ website that he shot a zebra in Namibia which “reared and ran, through the thorns, over rocks, stumbling and falling, blood appearing on the chest area before laying down and kicking weakly”.
Nielsen’s exploits included shooting a zebra, which continued to run for 200m

He found it “was still clinging to life so I dispatched it with a shot to the chest. My original shot had been a little too far forward and while undoubtedly a mortal wound I was not happy to watch an animal suffer. Unfortunately this zebra had damaged its hide on the sharp rocks and thorns in its death throes which was a shame.”
Alex Nielsen, of Henfield, West Sussex, killed a zebra in South Africa. “The shot was good and stuck low on the shoulder and into the heart and lung region. Believe it or not with a broken shoulder and the top of the heart completely destroyed he managed to run some 200m,” Nielsen told an online forum.

SPONSORED​

A British expatriate energy worker described to Gonçalves how a shot zebra had run away in South Africa. “I probably hit high above the heart ... They found it about two weeks later and sent me pictures where it travelled virtually the whole length of the area because it is a fenced farm.”
Paul Roberts, 79, from West Sussex, chairman of a gunmaking company, reminisced on video for a gun magazine about hunting big game in Africa many years ago. Once he had to shoot a leopard repeatedly. Another time he wounded an elephant and needed to change to a new rifle with extra penetration.
Some animals try to escape. A British businessman is quoted telling the author that an impala ran into a waterhole and “buried itself up to its neck ... I went and got it.”
Gonçalves, founder of the Campaign to Ban Trophy Hunting, told The Times: “I was genuinely shocked at the incredible suffering experienced by many of the animals.”
Hunters told him of their amusement at nabbing smaller creatures. Gonçalves asked Stuart Eborall, a deerstalker from Rugby, whether monkeys and meerkats were shot at a ranch he visited in South Africa. Eborall said: “Yeah, yeah ... We go and grab a few beers and get up on one of the rocks looking over some tree’d area where all the monkeys are and just have a bit of fun shooting the monkeys.” Eborall was contacted for comment.
Christian Evans, a property expert from North Yorkshire, told the author that in South Africa “we did genet cat lamping, shooting genets out of trees with the bows. Really cool, really fun!”
The expatriate said: “We’ve had quite a few beers and gone out rabbit bashing as they call it, and we’ve gone out at night ... They shine on a hare or a rabbit or spring hare ... Then you chase with a bit of wood.”
The trophy hunting industry entices customers through marketing deals. One ranch offers a $3,900 (£2,825) couple’s package with six animals in a week including ostriches or warthogs. Another business promotes father and son “bonding” holidays.
The trophy hunters operate within the law. Permits are sold by African countries seeking foreign revenue to use for anti-poaching measures.
Whitehall sources said that Defra’s proposals on banning imports had been delayed by the pandemic.
Sir Roger Gale, who chairs the all-party parliamentary group on banning trophy hunting, which is being launched today, called for all trophy imports to be banned. He accepted that wild animals sometimes needed to be killed but said it should be done professionally by skilled people.
Walter Palmer, left, the dentist who killed Cecil the lion six years ago, poses with a kill in 2015

Walter Palmer, left, the dentist who killed Cecil the lion six years ago, poses with a kill in 2015
REX SHUTTERSTOCK
“There is no need for any numbskull to go and murder beautiful, magnificent, proud animals,” he said.
Sir David Amess, the Tory MP who submitted an early-day motion demanding jail sentences for offenders, said that many animals besides big game were threatened by these hunters. “A ban on the import of trophies would make these ‘hunting holidays’ less attractive,” he said.
Some hunters passionately defended their pastime. Nielsen, a wildlife manager, told The Times that a ban on imports threatened well-managed hunting areas that preserved populations of game animals. Species would decline if land was transferred to human use as “people and these large dangerous animals don’t get on very well”. He accused campaigners of using emotive arguments.
Cawte, 49, a Ministry of Defence dog handler, pointed out that species were conserved because “as long as it pays to set aside land for wildlife, land users will do just that. At the moment, hunting is by far the most efficient way to earn a living on wildlife in very remote areas.” If farming became better business wild habitats would be lost and turned into livestock farms, he said.
Evans and Roberts declined to comment.
Undercover Trophy Hunter by Eduardo Gonçalves, Green Future Books, 111 pages, £7.99; ebook £3.99

Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 19.51.40.png

Guess this does not mean anything to the publisher. Not surprising.

Shocking that it is his own company. So, no one to counterbalance the theft, fraud and misleading garbage.
Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 19.55.16.png

All this green is turning me red. They get away with half truths, outright fabrications, defamation, infringements, etc., but rarely any consequences. Frustrating and maddening that this clown isn’t relegated to the fiction section and the reporter still has a job.

I can't believe The Times have effectively plugged this cockwombles so called book.

With the latest book by Eduardo Goncalves who is naming UK hunters coming out, The Times in the UK wrote a nice little promotion for him.
I will post some of the questions asked of me by the journalist in due course. The level of stupidity that Goncalves displays and is putting forward to his readers is astonishing.
Fortunately for him, it's doubtful any of his readers will bother checking his 'facts'. Unfortunately for the rest of us, these people will be heard more than the African continent and it's wildlife.
It should be pointed out that the part that mentions me in this book has been copied and pasted from this forum although Goncalves has told The Times he contacted me personally under a false identity which is untrue. He has amalgamated hunts spanning five years and mixed them up in no chronological order making no sense.

How hunters’ trophies die in agony​

Britons have admitted killing for fun and chasing down wounded big game​

Dominic Kennedy, Investigations Editor
Thursday July 01 2021, 12.01am, The Times
South Africa

https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?te...e/how-hunters-trophies-die-in-agony-lbktrhprs
https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sha...e/how-hunters-trophies-die-in-agony-lbktrhprs
Saved
The slow deaths of big game animals targeted by British hunters in Africa are disclosed today as pressure mounts for a ban on the import of trophies.

Hunters admitted shooting meerkats, monkeys and a cat-like animal called a genet out of trees for relaxation in between stalking more impressive targets in the plains and bush.

Many of the species they shoot are expected to be left out of the government’s promised legislation to stop the import of trophy animals. MPs from across the Commons are now demanding a complete clampdown.

methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F728c3e68-5311-4533-809a-b313a6503789.jpg

IN YOUR INBOX
Best of Times
We’ll send you our top stories, across all sections, straight to your inbox. Simple as that.
A glimpse into the world of safari enthusiasts was provided by Eduardo Gonçalves, a campaigner who posed as a would-be hunter seeking advice from Britons who had hunted in Africa.

His findings are published today in a book to mark the sixth anniversary of the shooting of Cecil, Zimbabwe’s most celebrated lion, with a bow and arrow by an American dentist. The wandering lion’s hours of wounded agony before he was finished off with a gun provoked international outrage.

Britons have provided graphic descriptions of how game creatures are sometimes difficult to kill cleanly and quickly.
Adrian Cawte, of Wellington, Somerset, told a hunters’ website that he shot a zebra in Namibia which “reared and ran, through the thorns, over rocks, stumbling and falling, blood appearing on the chest area before laying down and kicking weakly”.

He found it “was still clinging to life so I dispatched it with a shot to the chest. My original shot had been a little too far forward and while undoubtedly a mortal wound I was not happy to watch an animal suffer. Unfortunately this zebra had damaged its hide on the sharp rocks and thorns in its death throes which was a shame.”
Alex Nielsen, of Henfield, West Sussex, killed a zebra in South Africa. “The shot was good and stuck low on the shoulder and into the heart and lung region. Believe it or not with a broken shoulder and the top of the heart completely destroyed he managed to run some 200m,” Nielsen told an online forum.

SPONSORED​

A British expatriate energy worker described to Gonçalves how a shot zebra had run away in South Africa. “I probably hit high above the heart ... They found it about two weeks later and sent me pictures where it travelled virtually the whole length of the area because it is a fenced farm.”
Paul Roberts, 79, from West Sussex, chairman of a gunmaking company, reminisced on video for a gun magazine about hunting big game in Africa many years ago. Once he had to shoot a leopard repeatedly. Another time he wounded an elephant and needed to change to a new rifle with extra penetration.
Some animals try to escape. A British businessman is quoted telling the author that an impala ran into a waterhole and “buried itself up to its neck ... I went and got it.”
Gonçalves, founder of the Campaign to Ban Trophy Hunting, told The Times: “I was genuinely shocked at the incredible suffering experienced by many of the animals.”
Hunters told him of their amusement at nabbing smaller creatures. Gonçalves asked Stuart Eborall, a deerstalker from Rugby, whether monkeys and meerkats were shot at a ranch he visited in South Africa. Eborall said: “Yeah, yeah ... We go and grab a few beers and get up on one of the rocks looking over some tree’d area where all the monkeys are and just have a bit of fun shooting the monkeys.” Eborall was contacted for comment.
Christian Evans, a property expert from North Yorkshire, told the author that in South Africa “we did genet cat lamping, shooting genets out of trees with the bows. Really cool, really fun!”
The expatriate said: “We’ve had quite a few beers and gone out rabbit bashing as they call it, and we’ve gone out at night ... They shine on a hare or a rabbit or spring hare ... Then you chase with a bit of wood.”
The trophy hunting industry entices customers through marketing deals. One ranch offers a $3,900 (£2,825) couple’s package with six animals in a week including ostriches or warthogs. Another business promotes father and son “bonding” holidays.
The trophy hunters operate within the law. Permits are sold by African countries seeking foreign revenue to use for anti-poaching measures.
Whitehall sources said that Defra’s proposals on banning imports had been delayed by the pandemic.
Sir Roger Gale, who chairs the all-party parliamentary group on banning trophy hunting, which is being launched today, called for all trophy imports to be banned. He accepted that wild animals sometimes needed to be killed but said it should be done professionally by skilled people.

REX SHUTTERSTOCK
“There is no need for any numbskull to go and murder beautiful, magnificent, proud animals,” he said.
Sir David Amess, the Tory MP who submitted an early-day motion demanding jail sentences for offenders, said that many animals besides big game were threatened by these hunters. “A ban on the import of trophies would make these ‘hunting holidays’ less attractive,” he said.
Some hunters passionately defended their pastime. Nielsen, a wildlife manager, told The Times that a ban on imports threatened well-managed hunting areas that preserved populations of game animals. Species would decline if land was transferred to human use as “people and these large dangerous animals don’t get on very well”. He accused campaigners of using emotive arguments.
Cawte, 49, a Ministry of Defence dog handler, pointed out that species were conserved because “as long as it pays to set aside land for wildlife, land users will do just that. At the moment, hunting is by far the most efficient way to earn a living on wildlife in very remote areas.” If farming became better business wild habitats would be lost and turned into livestock farms, he said.
Evans and Roberts declined to comment.
Undercover Trophy Hunter by Eduardo Gonçalves, Green Future Books, 111 pages, £7.99; ebook £3.99
He obviously has "Bambi" "Watership Down" and "Elsa" running on his TV in a continual loop. It goes to prove that old adage "Ignorant jerks get more TV coverage than normal people"

The good news from my side, none of the above links works for me. (I dont have twitter, or FB profile)
To open Times Uk I need subscription, which I dont have. And free trial options gets complicated - for me not user friendly- and I hope for majority of others as well.
Bottom line, the article is not accessable to wide internet public. Thats good news.

Bad news:
I have written in some of my earlier posts, the inherent danger of posting private photos with trophies from hunting, because public posting of photos can lead to their abuse by anti hunting lobby.
This is the case, in this example. Using hunters photos, to make anti hunting propaganda with general public, who will judge by photo, or emotions, and not by facts or knowledge.

To illustrate my point, they have added Walter Palmer in the article, and we all know the story and consequences to hunting industry from that case.

Good to know about the copyright bit of the photos. Looks like the papers and the antis own me some £££££

Charlie and the guys covered it last night also, that Goncalves guy is not well liked in Portugal as he is trying some bad stuff there also. But its much from a guy that has never ben to Africa at all. Who just invent things in his hatred against rural life,and highly possible a hatred for upper class and nobillity like Chris P his zealot minion also.

I saw they covered it last night,i have been finding info pieces and links that if interesting will be part of News for a couple of years now.

Charlie and the guys covered it last night also, that Goncalves guy is not well liked in Portugal as he is trying some bad stuff there also. But its much from a guy that has never ben to Africa at all. Who just invent things in his hatred against rural life,and highly possible a hatred for upper class and nobillity like Chris P his zealot minion also.
In the end, even when Goncalves empire collapses and is exposed for what it truly is the first world press won't give a damn because he's only targeting Africa after all. They don't care if people benefit from recreational hunting, in fact, they'd be more than willing to let rural and poor people starve and be stamped out of existence because it's inconvenient for their pseudo moralistic cause.

All this green is turning me red. They get away with half truths, outright fabrications, defamation, infringements, etc., but rarely any consequences. Frustrating and maddening that this clown isn’t relegated to the fiction section and the reporter still has a job.
The anti low-IQ mob must have run out of fox hunts to stop. I hope a fox eats their chickens .... oh wait, the crazies live in city apartments not like us elites.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AshleyOyi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg