UK hunter heading to Cape Town in November

JackGB

Reaction score
Hello all,

Really looking forward to visiting to Cape Town at the end of November for a good friend's wedding.

Whilst in Cape Town, I’d love to squeeze in a day’s hunting. I live in the UK and enjoy deer stalking but game hunting in South Africa would be a new experience for me!

Can anyone recommend a PH or hunting outfits that could take me out for the day? Not looking for anything particularly exotic, cull animal would be fine.

Thanks,
Jack

Giday Jack. Welcome to the A H forums and best wishes for your day hunt.

Welcome! Best of luck in your search

Hello JackGB,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Perhaps one of these years, you will return to Africa for a number of hunting days.
If so, do have a look at our web site when you have a spare minute.

Meanwhile, Capetown South Africa is simply beautiful.
I predict that you will enjoy it quite a bit.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Hello all,

Really looking forward to visiting to Cape Town at the end of November for a good friend's wedding.

Whilst in Cape Town, I’d love to squeeze in a day’s hunting. I live in the UK and enjoy deer stalking but game hunting in South Africa would be a new experience for me!

Can anyone recommend a PH or hunting outfits that could take me out for the day? Not looking for anything particularly exotic, cull animal would be fine.

Thanks,
Jack
I don't know of anyone specifically to recommend....but I am so excited you are getting to go to Africa. Enjoy the wedding and hopefully you do fit in a day of hunting! All the best. Sue

Welcome to AH Jack!

Hi Jack, and welcome - unfortunately, while Cape Town has many touristic merits, hunting opportunities are not really among them.
There is a bit of wingshooting that takes place there but November is out of season and far from ideal timing.

For furred game, my feeling is that you would need to find a game-farm somewhere within striking distance of Cape Town (I would expect that you looking at a 2 hr drive minimum), that has a CAE (Certificate of Adequate Enclosure) that makes it legal for year-round hunting. I don't know of any hunting operations that tick those boxes but hopefully some CT members and outfitters on the forum can steer you in the right direction. I'm sure with some effort you'll find something but you may not be spoiled for choice like you would be in any other part of SA.

Wingshooting is a great idea, November is peak season for rock pigeons on flight paths. The problem is just to find an opportunity... hen's teeth!

In terms of furred game, it might be worthwhile trying Thali Thali Game Lodge. They are just outside of Langebaan, it's about 1,5 hour's drive along the west coast. They don't advertise hunting, so it would be best to contact them and organise from there. It won't be a typical "African" hunt, it will probably be a spot and stalk hunt in the fynbos for springbok.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH! I wish I could make a recommendation for you in regards to hunting near Cape Town. I think you may wish to add a few days to your trip and travel to one of the more traditional hunting areas in RSA.

Welcome to AH! Nice to have you as part of our community.

Welcome to the family and the forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AishaYpd4

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross