Uganda Giant Man-eating Crocodile Of Buvuma Captured After Two Year Hunt

Hoas

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
https://allafrica.com/stories/202212140051.html

Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA) officials have finally captured a giant man-eating crocodile believed to have been terrorizing locals of Bwema along Lake Victoria shore in Buvuma District.

The 750-kilogram crocodile which is estimated to be about 75 years was captured on Sunday after months of failed attempts.

Locals said that the crocodile had claimed the lives of five people in the area, with the recent victim being Henry Muluti, who was buried in August. "We were three on the boat when the crocodile attacked my brother while we were fishing on the lake. We tried to save him but failed," Godfrey Luwagga a brother to the deceased said.

Locals also disclosed that the same crocodile had been attacking their domestic animals including ducks, goats, and dogs, and that they had been living in fear.
Following several outcries from the locals, UWA officials camped in the area for a week before finally capturing the giant crocodile on Sunday.
Screenshot_43.jpg

Any idea how long it is?

How to properly sort out a man eating crocodile.
92BCFEEE-4DFD-4777-A83B-E9317A4654E0.jpeg

^^^^^
For sure!

it would make alot of boots-belts-ladies hand bags, i,m in the shoot the f-ing thing camp.

Smaller ones skin best for those things......it was only doing what comes naturally....people are just food to them.....never understood why some people seem to get so upset by this subject...its not great but as i said it looks at you same as any other animal..fish etc...food...been going on from time of first people, and still happening on a regular basis now.....

https://allafrica.com/stories/202212140051.html

Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA) officials have finally captured a giant man-eating crocodile believed to have been terrorizing locals of Bwema along Lake Victoria shore in Buvuma District.

The 750-kilogram crocodile which is estimated to be about 75 years was captured on Sunday after months of failed attempts.

Locals said that the crocodile had claimed the lives of five people in the area, with the recent victim being Henry Muluti, who was buried in August. "We were three on the boat when the crocodile attacked my brother while we were fishing on the lake. We tried to save him but failed," Godfrey Luwagga a brother to the deceased said.

Locals also disclosed that the same crocodile had been attacking their domestic animals including ducks, goats, and dogs, and that they had been living in fear.
Following several outcries from the locals, UWA officials camped in the area for a week before finally capturing the giant crocodile on Sunday.
View attachment 505707
Thank goodness they got him. This May I was with my husband hunting croc on the Zambezi River. Being in a 14-foot boat with 5 people on that fast-moving river filled with sandbars and crocs was terrifying. That is when I knew I was an idiot for following my husband there!

Smaller ones skin best for those things......it was only doing what comes naturally....people are just food to them.....never understood why some people seem to get so upset by this subject...its not great but as i said it looks at you same as any other animal..fish etc...food...been going on from time of first people, and still happening on a regular basis now.....
Yeah, gives the village people something to talk about around the fire

Thank goodness they got him. This May I was with my husband hunting croc on the Zambezi River. Being in a 14-foot boat with 5 people on that fast-moving river filled with sandbars and crocs was terrifying. That is when I knew I was an idiot for following my husband there!
but you love him, and Africa, so much ...

If you wish to read of giant crocs, check out the story of "Sweetheart" in the Northern territory; story goes back into the last century...

but you love him, and Africa, so much ...
Yes…your are right! It was an amazing experience. But I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t thrilled when he finally got his croc after sitting in blinds for 5 days with cane rats scrambling behind me. What really made the experience special for me was the entourage we had waiting for us each each day when we made it back to the boat landing. The first day there were over 60 people. The second day 90. The third day we quit counting at 167. I fell in love with the kids. Sue (yes another sue) and I would take pictures of them and show them. They would get so excited! Most had never seen themselves even in a mirror according to our PH. We had to walk 3/4 mile back to out Land Cruiser every afternoon so it took awhile. We’d walk 10 steps take a picture and watch the kids laugh. We were surrounded. Such very special moments.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThaddeusM4

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you