AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
WASHINGTON (AP) -- The United States has issued an official travel warning that urges American citizens not to visit Cuba.

Numerous workers at the U.S. Embassy in Havana have been targeted in "health attacks." The State Department warning says attacks occurred in residences and hotels that Americans frequently visit. The State Department says it believes U.S. citizens may be at risk if they visit, even if they aren't diplomats.

The travel warning says that symptoms experienced by those affected by the attacks include hearing loss, cognitive issues, trouble sleeping, fatigue, headache, dizziness and ear complaints.

The U.S. is also warning citizens that the government will have limited ability to help them if they travel to Cuba. That's because the U.S. is withdrawing most of its diplomats in Cuba in response to the attacks.

Republican Sen. Tom Cotton of Arkansas said the State Department's decision to withdraw large numbers of its staff from the U.S. embassy in Havana demonstrates just how "untrustworthy and malicious" the Cuban government is.

He also is criticizing former President Barack Obama for seeking to normalize ties between the two former Cold War rivals. The United States and Cuba reopened embassies in Washington and Havana in 2015 after a half-century of estrangement.

Cotton says it was "foolish of Obama to open his arms to such a brutal, Marxist regime."

Cotton says the Trump administration should expel accredited Cuban diplomats from the United States.

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson says the U.S. embassy in Havana will keep only emergency personnel working there until Cuba can ensure the U.S. that its diplomats are safe. Tillerson said in a statement that the decision to pull out roughly 60% of the embassy staff was "to ensure the safety of our personnel."

He says the U.S. continues to have diplomatic relations with Cuba that advance U.S. interests and national security. Tillerson says the U.S. will continue cooperating with Cuba on the investigation.

The secretary says the U.S. has no reports that private American citizens were affected by the attacks. But he says that because the U.S. doesn't know the cause or source of the attacks, it can't advise people on how to protect themselves.

Source: http://www.travelweekly.com/Caribbean-Travel/US-warns-citizens-not-to-travel-Cuba

Apparently no one knows what has caused this. Some Canadian diplomats reported the same sort of symptoms - perhaps after the Americans reported theirs?
It does seem odd, though, that the Cubans would have the ability to create some sort of non-fatal but uncomfortable virus or bacteria or drug or whatever, that is entirely undetectable by modern medical science. They must have some very special technology.

I recall a few years ago in my hometown the existence of mold was reported in our local courthouse. Soon thereafter a number of judges began to complain about health issues, and eventually, some of these issues became so bad that some judges were unable to work, and were walking around with supplemental oxygen. This was an interesting variety of mold - it only attacked the health of female judges, and was undetectable in the human body. Go figure.

Directional microwave ?

Apparently no one knows what has caused this. Some Canadian diplomats reported the same sort of symptoms - perhaps after the Americans reported theirs?

I understand its sonic booms directed towards them. That would make think twice about buying any Cuban cigars, should they of course become lawful to purchase in the USA.

I recall a few years ago in my hometown the existence of mold was reported in our local courthouse. Soon thereafter a number of judges began to complain about health issues, and eventually, some of these issues became so bad that some judges were unable to work, and were walking around with supplemental oxygen. This was an interesting variety of mold - it only attacked the health of female judges, and was undetectable in the human body. Go figure.

Several year back we had the same problem, one of the female judges was complaining about the mold in her courtroom and office. She was on O2 and later died from it.

Glad we took our trip there in Feb while the getting was good. As cheesy as it was, Wife thought Valentines day at the original Cabaret Tropicana Club in Havana was pretty romantic and I'm sure it bought me a few days in the woods with a gun.

It does seem odd, though, that the Cubans would have the ability to create some sort of non-fatal but uncomfortable virus or bacteria or drug or whatever, that is entirely undetectable by modern medical science. They must have some very special technology.

I have read that the concern may not be the Cuban's, but something the North Korean's or possibly another country has done in Havana.

On a regular basis I experience many of these symptoms, turns out that it is not cloak and dagger operatives of the Cuban or Korean government it has always ended up attributed to excess ingestion of single malt scotch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanisIap02

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!