U.S. Gun Inletting & Stocks (or alternatives!)

WebleyGreene455

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Has anyone ever heard of these folks before?

Here's their website: http://gunstockinletting.com/index.html

They've got a style listed that's close to what I'm looking for in a stock for a Mauser rifle want to build (I think they can modify it slightly to fit what I'm after), and they seem to have good reviews on ebay but I can't find much about them and I'm hesitant to get a stock from them and wind up with a costly piece of junk. Of course, if anyone has suggestions for an alternative stockmaker, I'd be happy to check them out!

The style I'm looking at; I may elect for the comb to have a sharper slant/drop to it like some of the "hogback" stocks popular in the prewar era.
m98lrtp4951.jpg

~~W.G.455

Attachments

• m98lrtp4951.jpg
    m98lrtp4951.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 77
I would ask if they are using a duplicator or CNC equipment. Have had a couple bad experiences with companies that use duplicators. Having said that, figure 1k or more for a custom stock that may or may not still need more work. BTDT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LawerenceC

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!