Two Number 1's For The World

TOBY458

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Well......somehow I managed to pick these two sisters up over the last few weeks. They are in 450/400 3" and 300 H&H. The way I look at it, there's not much you couldn't hunt in the way of medium to large game with this pair. From 10 feet to 400 yards, where most game is taken, I feel like these two will handle about any situation a hunter could find him or her self in.
They don't have the nicest wood I've seen on a Ruger 1, but they have a nice straight grain that should hold up well.
The 450/400 comes in at 8lbs even, with a 24" barrel. The 300 comes in at 7lbs 10oz with a 26" barrel. They both point like a fine shotgun, and are very lively in the hands. With the longer barrel of the 300 and the heavier barrel of the 400, they both balance perfectly. Looking forward to seeing how they shoot!

20210625_192729.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The No. 1 in .300 H&H forms the basis of what can be a perfect modern single. Fortunately I already have one. That one is worth pimping up just a bit as well. ;)

Also have both and share your esteemed opinion.

Good job on buying a 300 H&H to justify the brass purchase! Lol

Good job on buying a 300 H&H to justify the brass purchase! Lol
The 300 Holland blame lies squarely on your shoulders big fella! Your first text on the subject read "Hey do you have a 300 H&H?" My reply "no". Your response "well you need one". My reply "why?". Your response....."Because I found a screaming deal on some brass and everyone needs an H&H!".
And true to form.....I bought 520 pieces of brass, and a set of dies before I ever even found a rifle.

The 300 Holland blame lies squarely on your shoulders big fella! Your first text on the subject read "Hey do you have a 300 H&H?" My reply "no". Your response "well you need one". My reply "why?". Your response....."Because I found a screaming deal on some brass and everyone needs an H&H!".
And true to form.....I bought 520 pieces of brass, and a set of dies before I ever even found a rifle.
Lmao, love it!

My wife always knows when the thought of a new rifle is on my mind. I start collecting brass, dies, powder and projectiles. I can think of maybe one rifle I bought before having reloading supplies. In fact right now there is brass, dies and projectiles for 204 Ruger on the shelf.

@Iwaters, I have the same two calibers, I took the 450/400 to the range last week and only got to shoot 12 out of the 20 rounds I brought. It’s like a magnet, shoot the first round and and it draws people from all sides to check it out and see what it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LawerenceV

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross