Two gun case recommendations

No kidding if packed smartly no issue. Worst experience was the hunter who could not find his passport when checking rifles in Atlanta .Now that was maddening!!!!

Yes, as long as the case is packed properly, remove the lid, unzip the soft case and only pull out the rifle. After inspection, slide the rifle back into soft case and zip it back up. Replace the lid and lock it. Done.

TuffPak. Four trips with three guns with no issues and I am always the first finished and and ready to roll after inspections.

Pelican is the best

As far as cases like the Tufpak…. I have witnessed a ton of cases being opened and inspected. Some percentage have been Tufpaks. I have never seen a problem with a conventional case. Unlock, flip latches, open lid, inspect, close, latch, lock, done. The only problems I've ever witnessed have been with the Tufpak and they account for probably less than 20% of all the cases in use. That doesn't mean that if packed correctly they don't work ok… just means some people for whatever reason can have major fiddle fool around problems with them at exactly the wrong time. Also, an overlooked and I believe important fact is some of the inspections are going to be done by TSA (etc) when the owner is NOT present. The owner must then rely on that official to unpack and repack the firearm in the correct manner. The simpler the better- my theory. A common lidded case is about as simple as it gets. Personally I use a wheeled Pelican shotgun take down case. I hunt with one regular bolt rifle and take it down for travel. My other bag is a wheeled duffle. I can either wheel the firearm case or carry with one hand. For intl. flights I have never been charged for 2 checked bags. I use a small daypack for carry on. Fits easily in any, including regional jet, overhead. Name of the game for baggage should be "hassle free". Not to mention ease of handling and packing of all your gear into a Cruiser that may already be heavily loaded with other gear or supplies.

I use a metal gun case from Cabelas. What I like about the metal is the rod that secures all of the latches, and I only need one padlock to secure it. I leave a second, identically keyed padlock inside with a not to TSA to relock in case they cut without permission. It's never happened. It has wheels and a plate that accepts additional cases or luggage, making airport transit a breeze. And no, it's not covered with dents and dings like I've heard others complain about metal. In my book, it's the best security I could find.

Pelican for me also, model 1750 I believe (double gun case). 375 H&H with two detachable scopes, and 30'06 with scope. Stayed under the 50 lbs. baggage limit. Marked outline on foam with chalk then cut it out with a sharp fillet knife worked great. Also have extra uncut foam in case I want to change up the mix of guns that I take with me. Also a small pelican for ammo that locks and can go in your checked duffel bag or checked separately as per different airline/country rules.

Marked outline on foam with chalk then cut it out with a sharp fillet knife worked great.

An electric carving knife worked like cutting hot butter for me. . Almost

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odoodevelopers

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross