AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa,Zimbabwe, Canada USA
Maybe this has been hashed out before, but I'm in need of a hard case to fly two scoped rifles into Johanesburg in June. I looked hard at a Pelican at Cabelas today, but figured I'd get a second ( and hopefully more) opinion. What do you all use,recomend?

I use a skb and love it. Two guns no problem at all. They hold up very well and very strong to.

You can read to your hearts content on all the discussions on the subject
search function: rifle case ; pelican, etc.

My SKB started taking a beating when the overstock company I bought it from in Dallas didn't even bother to Wrap it for shipment. From Minnesota to Amsterdam to SA to France back to Minnesota, never failed and still looks great, I also like the Idea of optional case locks being available Cheap. Plenty of good choices out there

Add tuffpak to your search words.

Great case and you can pack extra stuff as well as change to whatever rifle or shotgun you want without changing inserts.

I've loved mine and it has been bullet proof so far.

I did a Cabelas double rifle case. I only took one rifle but could have put two in it.
I might get a second piece of fome for two rifles.
Tom

I use a tuffpak as well. Check them out

Pelican or Americase. I use pelican.

IMG_5483.JPG
Here is my 300 WM Ruger #1 and my Ruger 375 with a custom 1.5x5 scope in Gray!!! Had to pay for that.
Tom
I only used it with the 300 WM but could add the 375!!!!!!

The Cabelas Double Case looks real good to me!
The four screw in latches on it hold the case down real well and I licked it up with two personal locks. I didn't have any trouble going either direction. I was standby and didn't get on the first day. I went through the check in twice the first day then finally got on the second day. Had to open the case many times and it went great. If you have a Cabelas close I would do the Double Case from them and cut it to fit the rifles you are going to take.

Tom

I have a pelican 1750 and absolutely love it.

I need another case, though. I need a case that will hold 2 bows-- one is my compound bow and the other is my wife's soon to be new crossbow.
Now one might think those 2 would never go in the same case. But the width

Check out the Kalispel style Aluminum Gun Cases available from http://www.exploreproducts.com/kalispelguncases.htm

I've owned a Kalispel and traveled with it for many years, without any issues. I found the aforementioned site while looking for another Aluminum case for my son to take on Safari last August. Yes they are a "knock off" but a d... good one. Check out the weight of the case. Also there is no need to cut out the foam to fit a specific rifle.

Screen Shot 2017-01-16 at 12.29.17 PM.png

Another vote for Tuffpack!

My Americase has been outstanding on my 4 trips over there. Sometimes you can buy "factory 2nds" or returns for deep discounts off of their website. They are worth checking out.

I am a hunter, traveler and a retailer (retail gun shop). We are carry many brands, but my recommendation & personal choice for flying / traveling is Tuffpak! I am going back to SA in July for my 2nd safari (and Texas in Feb for hawgs) & Tuffpak will be carrying my rifles. SUPER secure, very discreet, AND, I can pack additional gear in them - very smart - additional padding for the gun(s) and allows me to carry less luggage. I REALLY love the Pelican stuff - but so bulky, and can only put the guns in there. Check the company's video out; I think you will be amazed!

Best Wishes!

Maybe this has been hashed out before, but I'm in need of a hard case to fly two scoped rifles into Johanesburg in June. I looked hard at a Pelican at Cabelas today, but figured I'd get a second ( and hopefully more) opinion. What do you all use,recomend?
Pelican... I have many of them and been all over the world with the same two gun case. Other than getting a bit dirty and a few superficial scratches you can't tell how old it is! I also use an appropriately sized (I have several in different sizes) Pelican ammo box. Tip: when I arrive I unload my ammo and use the ammo box for valuables. It has key lock and can have a combo lock placed in it as well.
I am sure there are other good brands but mine works!
Regards,
Philip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
indiagpt

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois