Two Early Butch Searcy North American Guide Rifles For Sale

Durangojoe

Reaction score
Butch was an up and coming gunsmith, we shot competitively and hunted together.
I took an outfitters license in Colorado, Butch took my Rem721 and created my dream rifle in .270WIN. He later took my Rem700 in 22-250, built a new rifle around it. Both are finely regulated, fiberglass stocks, both are shooters. I’ve got Parkinson’s disease now and want to see these go to hunters who will use them.

Sorry to hear of your Parkinson's disease. If I may, how about posting pictures of your rifles and what do you want for them. Good luck on the sales.

Sorry to hear of your Parkinson's disease. If I may, how about posting pictures of your rifles and what do you want for them. Good luck on the sales.
Yes sir, I’m new to this!

EACDF147-3FB3-49BA-85B0-347F3318827F.jpeg

Searcy Remington721, .270Win guide rifle

As @PARA45 stated, you need to post how much you want for each rifle if you want to sale them.

@Durangojoe, my apologies, where are my manners, welcome to the Forum.

Reactions: WAB
If I tell you that bluing is worn or stock is scratched, it got it honestly, most likely in a saddle scabbard tied to my Heiser made in Denver saddle.
the mule who carried me for those wild years in the San Juan’s was named Hannah, with me for 30 years, she outlasted two wives.

The 721Remington .270 is heavily reworked and upgraded; Price is $2,000.
the rifle has every rework Mr. Searcy could accomplish to make this his first “guide rifle”. He used the old 721 action as it allowed him to make the rifle his own rather than than make it just a super shooter as he did with my 700 22-250. The rifle with classic O’Connor 130 grain loads has taken 21 elk. When I bought the original rifle from Felix “Puss” Hunter, he had taken numerous deer and 4 bulls. Like me, we are getting old...

The 700 Remington 22-250 is restocked, rebarrelled, custom paint, chew marks on the butt, courtesy of a jumped mountain lion that was fighting my hounds. Price is $1,100. RCBS dies included and all brass.

If those rifles could talk!!!

Sir, I wish you well on your sale, but this may not be the best place to post these for sale. Mr. Searcy came on here a while ago, and did not make a lot of friends.

Oh my, I’m sorry to read this.
‘I’ve known him since 79-80, but haven’t seen him for a good many years.
He was a Viet Nam Lo(a)ch door gunner for several tours, their life spans were measured in weeks. He lived either by manning his fifty or dumping agent orange out the side of his bird. He saved he and his pilots after receiving fire at least twice.

‘Brave, talented, angry, kind, loyal and yes, he could unload.

I’ll pull my rifles if I’m on the wrong sendera, but I too will stand beside a man, overlooking his societal faults. Hell men, if you are as steel willed as I’ve read it takes to down a big creature with big doubles, appreciate me going straight into the fray of saving my hounds from a 9’+ mountain lion with a S&W .22 cal revolver. That gentlemen is what I don’t want to do here.

I appreciate your honesty, in a sense, we are a band of brothers, I’ll listen to your council.

I’ll pull my rifles if I’m on the wrong sendera, but I too will stand beside a man, overlooking his societal faults.

You're not on the wrong sendero. Some here may not like Butch, but many do like him and his rifles. This is as good a place to sell them as any and you're certainly welcome to give it a shot, so to speak.

Welcome to the forum!

May your sale go well.

I’ll pull my rifles if I’m on the wrong sendera, ........
There is no need to pull your sale. Good luck with it.
Welcome to AH.

I find the background and character of your rifles refreshing. Not really in the need for either one, but still got a gun safe full of guns I didn’t need, so always the possibility. Got that going for ya. Best of luck in your sales, and as others have stated, welcome to the AH community.

Welcome to AH. Best of luck on your sale.
Bruce

Is there anyway to authenticate these came from Searcy?

G’day , and welcome from Australia.

Good luck with the sale, I hope you enjoy the site and it gives you some comfort with your ailment. One thing I can say is that you will find plenty to read and pass the time.

Welcome and good luck!

Durangojoe, welcome to the AH forum! Best of luck with your sales and I am so sorry to hear of your Parkinson’s! I had an aunt who had it, terrible disease!
I assume by your name you live in Colorado?
A 9’ mountain lion with a .22LR? I’d love to read a report on that if you get a chance to write it up. So far I have been unsuccessful with mountain lion. I’m tired of paying houndsmen to get one and now am trying to call one in on my own.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg