AH legend
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
united state- Co Nm Mt Wy Pa , canada ,mexico ,south africa- Northwest, Limpopo, freestste.Northern cape,East cape, namibia
I was hoping to get back to africa in 2013.Was wanting to hunt free range mtn zebra so nambia looks let the place to do that.I was thinking like 7 days in nambia and 10 days in southafrica for other plains game also.Who has hunted two countries on one trip.The good or bad info would be nice to hear.I would probably do nambia first then to south africa.Would be me and my son again for both parts of the trip.One of my worries would be flight problems or is there an easy way to fly between both.Thanks for any help. Billc

Billc,
You should have no problems in finding flights between Nam and South Africa. So, a trip of this magnitude is certainly possible.

Best Regards
Marius Goosen

I have not hunted both on the same trip but I stopped in South Africa to visit on my way to hunt Namibia. SAA has daily flights from Jo-Burg to Windhoek. I can't see where there would be any problems.

Hey Billc,

Wish you all the best on your hunt with your son. Namibia have great open wild mountainous areas ideal for your long challenging hunt for your mountain zebra. I read some reports on those hunts and can be very tough with long range shots im sure you will be chuffed with it all. Not sure what trophies you will be needing in SA but i personally would rather just stay hunting in Nam i hate all the extra flights and custom procedures, anyway there are flights daily to SA from Nam and what ever you choose have a blast !

Is nambia as easy as south africa to take guns into.We had no trouble with that part going to south africa.I dont mind a extra day or two of travel as long as it goes smooth.Give me a chance to show my son more places.

You shouldn't have any issues with Nam regarding your guns, it should be smooth you will have you PH there with and you can ask your Namibian references too on how their enter was into Nam just to make sure. Of course yes if you have places to show your son then its worth the extra travel i agree with you. H ave a good one ! cheers

billc

Contact Lori our resident travel expert and she will be able to fill you in on what steps will need to be taken...

Lori add is on the right side when you log on...click on it and ask her a question and she will get right back with you after she has read your email...

i will chat with lori for sure.She did a great job with flights this year for me on our trip.Wanted to do more homework before bugging her since this will be a 2013 trip.That darn free range mtn zebra has me wanting to hunt nambia.plus some of the springbucks and oryx I have seen come from there.Well guess you could add kudu and eland to.LOL

Just did it Bill.
I had a bow get left behind by SAA. If anything is "left behind" it will show up one day later. Next flight out.

As I did not need the bow in Namibia it was left in SAA's "care" for three weeks until the nasty phone calls were made to get it delivered to the lodge where it was going to be used in RSA.

I arrived 17:30 in JHB stayed over night and left JHB 0700 to Windhoek. So, I would have been missing a bow!
As well, that first night is a pretend sleep. You are pretty wrecked when you finally arrive at your destination in Namibia. Unless you are hunting at the airport your day will be used up on travel.

I borrowed a rifle in Namibia. No import transits required. Seamless that way.

If you can get a flight more directly to Windhoek, (probably an issue for you Europe transit required) it is better.

Make sure you have time between the two hunts. Do not book them to tightly.
I had 13 days between the hunts.

If you have the time it is great to hunt the animals where the species are indigenous.

Do that free range Eland!!!!!

Billc, it all depends on what you want to hunt? If it was kudu, eland, mountain zebra, oryx, and springbok...I'd hunt Namibia. If it was bushbuck and nyala...I'd say it would be worth the effort to make a trip to RSA.

I think it is definitely possible to visit two countries, it only costs you more time and a little more coordinating and planning. The first plane ride across the ocean is the real killer for most people. And who likes the plane ride home?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg