TV host under fire for cougar hunt in Alberta

Dragan N.

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canad...in-alberta/ar-BBH5Fvs?li=AAggFp5&ocid=1PRCMSE

I particularly wanted to draw people's attention to this:

"His posts triggered outrage online: dozens of people have criticized the post, including Laureen Harper, the wife of former prime minister Stephen Harper.

"What a creep. Chasing a cougar with dogs until they are exhausted then shooting a scared, cornered and tired animal," Harper said in a post on Twitter.

"Must be compensating for something, small p**** probably."

Maybe its just me but im absolutely appalled that the wife of a former prime minister would make a statement like this. Especially the crap about the hunter's genitals being small- does she have any manners or deceny befitting a former first lady?? What has Canada come to ??

Nice cat!

Maybe its just me but im absolutely appalled that the wife of a former prime minister would make a statement like this. Especially the crap about the hunter's genitals being small- does she have any manners or deceny befitting a former first lady?? What has Canada come to ??

Her rude behaviour is the only reason it is a news story at all.

I never saw her screaming when the poor scared Cougar outside the South Campus hospital in Calgary was surrounded by, lord knows how many officers of the law, and summarily shot repeatedly for being "dangerous".

Perhaps she is just lonely and depressed and needs some attention after being locked in the house after a snow storm!? :D Passed Out:

A cougar and lynx hunt with Brian Chorney is on my wish list! He and his wife are good honest hard working folks who love their dogs and give it their all. I haven't hunted with them yet, but got to share camp with them while bear hunting.

Nice cat!

Damn nice cat. Congratulations.
BBH62sy.img.jpeg

Congratulations to him on getting this egregious dangerous predator away from the elementary school where it was terrorizing the classroom bunnies when they were let out for a break. Oops, wrong place. I thought this was FB where every asshole, asshat and x-first whatever can puke out an opinion and make a story up to suit their fancy. :D

Steve Ecklund lives in Alberta. He didn't fly all the way there just to make a stir fry! Like I said in the grizzly ban post, the urban greenies are going to ruin our country. I'm shocked that it was Harper's wife.

Does it require brains to marry a politician?

Maybe not, but what does it say about Harper, a former prime minister, when his wife is talking/posting like that? Given the fact that this story was on the front page of msn.com I just hope it doesn't turn into a media firestorm and lead to something like cougar hunting with hounds getting banned. After the grizzly ban in B.C. - other hunting bans/limitations wouldn't surprise me...

Anyway that is a really nice cat- probably a 180 pounder or thereabouts ??

Ecklund oughta tweet her back #metoo

Last edited:
I’d take the wench’s abuse any day for a great cat like that! She’s just another example of wildlife ignorance coming from the Disney channel influence.

Maybe not, but what does it say about Harper, a former prime minister, when his wife is talking/posting like that? Given the fact that this story was on the front page of msn.com I just hope it doesn't turn into a media firestorm and lead to something like cougar hunting with hounds getting banned. After the grizzly ban in B.C. - other hunting bans/limitations wouldn't surprise me...

We attribute too much value to someone who happened to marry some guy who happened to get voted into office. Her bonafides is?????

Last week it was Polar bears being wiped out by global warming. Complete lies.

Whip up the FB frenzy.

The Alberta Cougar hunt is one of the most well researched and closely controlled hunts anywhere in the world. If science does not prevail on this one then we need to ban FB from Canada. It's an invasive species.

Last edited:
A beauty cat. I work in the bush in Alberta and rarely see them.

Unfortunate the ignorant comments from the previous prime ministers wife.

Nice cat! Fine lookin dog there also!

We attribute to much value to someone who happened to marry some guy who happened to get voted into office. Her bonafides is?????

Last week it was Polar bears being wiped out by global warming. Complete lies.

Whip up the FB frenzy.

The Alberta Cougar hunt is one of the most well researched and closely controlled hunts anywhere in the world. If science does not prevail on this one then we need to ban FB from Canada. It's an invasive species.

In this age of social media- all it takes is for one famous or kinda famous person to make a comment or tweet about some subject that has the potential to be controversial. The reporters like vultures probably follow these "celebrities" on their social media just waiting pick up these statements and bam you have a story that has a potential to go viral and initiate a frenzy by the media. And quite often many facts or viewpoints are left out. After all drama and controversy sells...

Seems as long as one is a member of a primitive hunter/gatherer tribe, there is no controversy over hunting.

Just so happens that my germanic peoples were hunter/gatherers. It goes against my deepest roots to not hunt.

Sadly... this is what the PC World has come to. You harvest an animal for whatever reason.... food or predaotration control.... you are condemned as a savage bastard. It’s BS.... all I can is.... cheers! Congratulations on a great cat!

“The Alberta Cougar hunt is one of the most well researched and closely controlled hunts anywhere in the world. If science does not prevail on this one then we need to ban FB from Canada. It's an invasive species.”

That is one hell of a nice cat! The perfect animal to be hunted.
Absolutely true statement above. In fact, cougar hunting in both Canada and the US is some of the most carefully monitored and controlled hunting anywhere. To my knowledge there is not a state or province that does not set very strict harvest objectives and require every animal harvested to be inspected within a certain period of time, data to be collected, a tooth pulled and in many instances DNA taken.

Man I think Canada is getting worse than the U.S. Now they want to take in terrorists and rehab them?? What the hell is that prime minster thinking? Oh ya..Great cat.

Man I think Canada is getting worse than the U.S. Now they want to take in terrorists and rehab them?? What the hell is that prime minster thinking? Oh ya..Great cat.
Plenty of rehab in lots of ammo closets;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odoodevelopers

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross