Tuskless Elephant Pictures

matt85

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
USA, South Africa, and Namibia
seems like you can find plenty of pictures of proud hunters sitting next to a massive bull with a heavy set of ivory, but pictures of people with there tuskless animals are much less common. lets face it, most people cannot afford a $25,000+ elephant hunt and the USA isnt exactly allowing importation of ivory from many locations so the tuskless elephant is usually the more practical option.

lets see your tuskless elephant pictures!

-matt

From AH Photo Gallery
watermark.php

Last edited by a moderator:
great idea for a thread , matt
if/when I get to try for a tuskless with my bow ,
you can bank on it that I will taking some (read heaps) of photos before and after...

From that deal that was offered..... I want to see the photo of 3 of them stacked up like wart hogs!

People don't seem to realize that where there are good populations of elephants, there are usually too many of them and hunting by properly equipped and skilled trophy hunters is the absolute most humane and economically benificial way to manage those populations. Not to mention to positive social and nutrition value that properly hunted elephants provide to the local human populations.

Pictures of tuskless Elephant from AH Photo Gallery…

watermark.php

watermark.php

Omay 2009

Omay 2012

Sengwa 2014

Attachments

• 115D0F62-C0A2-4809-9A81-88DAB067EE6C_zpskaz9jegh.jpg
    115D0F62-C0A2-4809-9A81-88DAB067EE6C_zpskaz9jegh.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 218
  • 1117D116-AA22-4E12-A7A6-19AA07B2BC5C-452-000000B4106093F1.jpg
    1117D116-AA22-4E12-A7A6-19AA07B2BC5C-452-000000B4106093F1.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 227
  • ElephantIII.jpg
    ElephantIII.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 270
i wouldnt mind hunting a tusk less elephant with my hand gun.

Bow Hunt Elephant ! Hell ya ! ......
Glen

Very cool this may be the only way I'll ever get ol jumbo.

I am DEFINATELY down with Tuskless! That is what I'm thinking trip #2 will be. Great pics everyone!

Tuskless is a great affordable Ele hunt, it might be the most dangerous of all of the DG hunts as anytime you associate with a cow calf herd anything may happen. You will see more Eles as you look for a Tuskless and your approach can be much more difficult than a couple of bulls as you have that many more eyes and ears in play.
Would do it again

Chewore South 2012
Tuskless is a great affordable Ele hunt, it might be the most dangerous of all of the DG hunts as anytime you associate with a cow calf herd anything may happen. You will see more Eles as you look for a Tuskless and your approach can be much more difficult than a couple of bulls as you have that many more eyes and ears in play.
Would do it again
on a tuskless cow are you allowed to take the hide or anything else you want home?

Yes, if you intend to bring back a few panels of hide my suggestion is to have them tan it "over there" you will save on shipping weight.

on a tuskless cow are you allowed to take the hide or anything else you want home?

No elephant parts including the hide are allowed to be imported in to the US from Zimbabwe.

Prior to the ban, every tuskless hunt I remember was a non-exportable elephant.

No elephant parts including the hide are allowed to be imported in to the US from Zimbabwe.

Prior to the ban, every tuskless hunt I remember was a non-exportable elephant.
is that because it was a p.a.c. hunt? i know about zim.

When I shot my Tuskless in 2012 I was able to import the hide if I wanted..
Was under the impression that the current ban was for Ivory only

Edward if you know about Zim you would know PAC elephant hunts in Zimbabwe are ILLEGAL for tourist hunters which means us.

The April 2014 ban is far all elephant parts from Zim to the US.

This is the latest letter from USFW. It is an update from the already in place from April of 2014.

http://www.fws.gov/international/pdf/enhancement-finding-March-2015-elephant-Zimbabwe.pdf

Again every tuskless hunt I have seen offered (not to mention the four tuskless hunts I have done myself) in Zimbabwe was not exportable prior to the ban.

For some reason there may have been a few exportable ones here or there but few if any.

Since the ban I would STRONGLY advise not even trying to take an elephant hair bracelet in the US.

Attachments

• enhancement-finding-March-2015-elephant-Zimbabwe.pdf
    777.3 KB · Views: 170

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RaymondNie

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.