Turkish Airlines & Air Namibia Join Forces To Open Africa Travel

NamStay

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
63774e5c5d7f4c0190e79a52006058ff.jpg

Cape Town - African air travel is on the up and up, and a newly announced codeshare agreement between Turkish Airlines and Air Namibia serves as a reminder of the growing potential on the continent.

The agreement, signed on Monday, 6 February, will come into effect from 1 March 2017. It covers routes between Turkey and Namibia, and is "set to expand the travel opportunities for the passengers of the two airlines," Turkish Airlines says.

Under the terms of the agreement, Air Namibia and Turkish Airlines are planning to place codes on unilateral flights SW on Windhoek – Johannesburg (visa versa) and Windhoek – Frankfurt (visa versa), and unilateral flights of TK on Istanbul – Johannesburg (visa versa) and Istanbul – Frankfurt (visa versa).

Also it has been considered that, when SW introduces the Windhoek – Istanbul (and visa versa) flights in future, this codeshare agreement will be expanded by placing the code to include beyond Istanbul flights.

Namibia Deputy Minister of Works and Transport honorable Sankwasa James Sankwasa expressed his satisfaction with this commercial partnership with a well-established and rapidly growing carrier like Turkish Airlines, which enjoys a broad route network.

He says he is confident that the cooperation will be fruitful for both sides and will be enlarged very soon.

“Air Namibia is a small airline and in order to improve its competitiveness in this highly competitive industry, it is important to have a strategic partner, such as Turkish Airlines to partner with. We believe that this will be just one of the many areas of cooperation between Turkish Airlines and Air Namibia," he says.

Turkish Airlines has been investing heavily in expansion into Africa, and especially into South Africa.

On 30 January 2017, the capital of the Republic of Guinea, Conakry, became the 296th destination in 120 countries that will be served by Turkish Airlines.

South Africa, too, is enjoying the full attention and service from the airline, that now has year-round, daily direct flights from Cape Town and Johannesburg to Istanbul, and flights to Istanbul from Durban via Johannesburg five times a week.

The Namibia codeshare agreement is yet another expansion of the carrier’s African network which currently serves 51 destinations on the continent, more than any other international carrier.

Source: http://traveller24.news24.com/News/...ia-join-forces-to-open-africa-travel-20170207

Has anyone flown through Istanbul with their rifles? The more options the better, this is great news.

Can't help with info on carrying rifles, but did fly Turkish Airlines a few years ago from Baghdad to Istanbul and return. Boeing 737 was extremely clean and had much more seating room in coach than any of the U.S. airlines do. If the transport of rifles is not overly complicated, this can only be good news for hunters headed to Namibia!

I fly constantly between Russia ,Turkey,USA, with Turkish Airlines . Last year I flew to Johannesburg from Istanbul too.
Service is always great . As for rifle transport internationally I don't have any experience yet . But I always travel within Turkey with my handgun and I never had any problems for the last 15 years

Has anyone flown through Istanbul with their rifles? The more options the better, this is great news.
I have and Turkish Airways is THE best airline I have used. This is VERY good news for hunters and travelers for many reasons. First of all Air Namibia does not have the best reputation and this alliance will keep them up to a high standard. Secondly if they institute an Istanbul-Windhoek flight it will be another great option for hunters traveling to Namibia. For instance for us in Texas there is a daily nonstop from Houston to Istanbul. All in all this is good news so stay tuned!
Regards,
Philip

I have used them. Last trip to Kyrg. they left my rifle in Istanbul an extra day. In the end they paid 10% of my day fees because their "oversight" caused me to lose a day of hunting. Amounted to over $800 dollars. Other than that service was good. I would have no problems flying with them again. Bruce

I fly constantly between Russia ,Turkey,USA, with Turkish Airlines . Last year I flew to Johannesburg from Istanbul too.
Service is always great . As for rifle transport internationally I don't have any experience yet . But I always travel within Turkey with my handgun and I never had any problems for the last 15 years

love a hand gun man.

I flew through Istanbul on my way to JNB and had no issues with my bows.

yes indeed!

Andre Anderson.. he is a Swedish master .. there are a lot of his work on the internet.. check him out .. he is on his way to be become a legend .. I was lucky enough to get my hands on this one ..
Cem, you are just full of interesting information and things!!! Glad to have you here!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ModestaHac

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg