Turkey! Turkey! Turkey!

I like TURKEY PICTURES !!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL ?
Glen

My son's eastern--

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great bird ...Congrats.
Glen

Thanks-we had a great hunt that day!!

Glad to see all the great birds! My hunt this year ended without a bird, but I was disheartened in what I did find.

I like to pack into areas to hunt all my game. Maybe I like the punishment, but after having setup my camp, I proceeded to search out basins around me for turkey. Plenty of turkey sign, but they weren't responding to calling.
As I dropped down into a basin to follow a small creek and look for more sign, I came across this guy.

He looks like he would have been a great 6 x 6 for someone, but instead he was dead in this basin. I turned him over to the game warden in the area, and after a two week investigation, it looks like he was shot in the hind quarter. He's not a record breaker, but still would have made a hunter very happy.

I just hate seeing elk get wasted like this. If you come to Colorado, please practice your shooting so I don't have to find these out in the woods. The warden gave it to me to keep since he didn't think it was a poaching incident. I think I'm going to turn it into a Euro mount.
2016-05-06 18.28.51.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross