Tsavo ‘Super Tusker’, Ndawe, dies after multiple spear wounds

Tsavo and Amboseli are only 30 miles or so apart. An easy days journey for an elephant. Hard to believe it is a surprise that elephants travel between the two parks. Researchers these days.........

Magnificent old guy. May his genes remain in the ecosystem for generations to come.

You've got to be kidding! :rolleyes:

From the way it was written I was thinking 500 or more miles!

No scale on the map, but gives you an idea.

Thanks Bob!

Screenshot_20170803-212809.png

Scientists get lost in academia easily. 30 miles? The darting that was the straw that broke the ele's back? Their entitled sense of carte blanche while looking down their nose at hunters is nauseating. I appreciate the good they do but they are not some infallible higher being.

Since there was a previous incident related to crop raiding and the Ivory was not taken, I would certainly be leaning toward a crop raider being killed.

They saved some maze. Otherwise, zero benefit to the community by killing this Elephant.
The opportunity to 'harvest' the ivory by the poachers did not exist as the bull got away to die during attempted treatment by the rangers. But economically I wonder what the loss was had it been decided to auction this old boy off to hunt? Assuming it was recognized he was nearing the end of his life, but still healthy... If I had it, I would put down a lot money to have an opportunity to hunt something like him, but I could not afford the divorce.

Divorce is so expensive because it's worth it!

To be able to shoot the magnificent bull . . . a divorce would be worth it.

I checked it out and it's reported as 141 km distance between the two parks.

Citymeter.net, in case anyone was interested.

I checked it out and it's reported as 141 km distance between the two parks.

I believe the 141km number is driving distance between the two parks.

You did make me second guess myself however. I will have to correct my 30 mile statement that I made off the top of my head. It looks to be more like 40 miles between the parks.

upload_2017-8-13_8-36-34.png

I'm sure it is driving distance measured. I know that on Google maps, you can get a straight line measurement. I'll do that when I go to my office.
But don't elephants drive ? You know when they are frolicking through the forest and talking with the other animals ? Disney says deer do that and . . . Just informed by the wife (she knows everything, I'm just a man and don't know stuff) that elephants fly.

I wish they could get a sample from him to preserve his tusker genes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerthaChristopher

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.