AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
The Trump administration on Wednesday announced that it will issue permits for elephant trophies from Zambia and Zimbabwe, reversing a 2014 ban under President Obama.

A U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service official told ABC News that the agency received new information from the countries that the move would benefit conservation in the area.

“Legal, well-regulated sport hunting as part of a sound management program can benefit the conservation of certain species by providing incentives to local communities to conserve the species and by putting much-needed revenue back into conservation,” the FWS statement said.

The same department, under Obama, determined in 2015 that importing the trophies would not benefit the species in the area.

The National Rifle Association praised the FWS decision Wednesday, the New York Post reported. The paper reported that elephants — valued for their tusks — have been on the “threatened” species list since 1978.

“By lifting the import ban on lion trophies in Zimbabwe and Zambia, the Trump administration underscored the importance of sound scientific wildlife management and regulated hunting to the survival and enhancement of game species in this country and worldwide,” said Chris Cox, executive director of the National Rifle Association’s Institute for Legislative Action.

Wayne Pacelle, president of the Human Society of the United States, called the Trump administration’s decision jarring, the Post reported.

“Remember, it was Zimbabwe where Walter Palmer shot Cecil, one of the most beloved and well-studied African lions, who was lured out of a national park for the killing. Palmer paid a big fee even though it did irreparable damage to the nation’s reputation.”

Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump have been known to hunt for big game. Several years ago, Trump Jr. was criticized for posting a photo of himself with a dead elephant’s severed tail.

“Reprehensible behavior by the Trump Admin,” tweeted the Elephant Project.

“100 elephants a day are already killed,” the group said. “This will lead to more poaching.”

Source: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-importing-elephant-trophies-from-africa.html

FOX reporting making sure they find the most extreme views possible to provide fodder. :A Stirring:
Pacelle can only repeat the same old falsehoods and misinformation with nothing to refute the facts and science.
Elephant Project - some "greenies" who have a twitter account.

Glad the USFWS managed to find some science to reverse their earlier mistake.

Last edited:
FOX reporting making sure they find the most extreme views possible to provide fodder. :A Stirring:
Pacelle can only repeat the same old falsehoods and misinformation with nothing to refute the facts and science.
Elephant Project - some "greenies" who have a twitter account.

Glad the USFWS managed to find some science to reverse their earlier mistake.
Now they need to get to work on the ridiculous new restriction against hunting grizzly in British Colombia.

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont believe the elephant has ever been on the endangered list in real,true life.guess the antis believe if you tell a lie long enough and loud enough every body will believe it.

Now they need to get to work on the ridiculous new restriction against hunting grizzly in British Colombia.
That's a British Colombia decision that needs to be taken up with them. But until the political climate changes there nothing is going to happen with the grizzly.

USF&W is one entity that needs a serious rewrite. Their regulations have had little to no effect at curtailing poaching in Africa and other countries. I would argue they actually exacerbate the problem. Thankfully we finally have a president that governs like a man with logic and not like a woman (Obama) with her emotions.

Glad the USFWS managed to find some science to reverse their earlier mistake

I think science was always there.....but USFW was being run by someone who saw little to no benefit from hunting thus rulings that were fashioned to impede hunters in general.

I believe Elephants have been on the endangered list since the 1970's. Semantics? Politics?

There's a war on hunters and shooters and we've been been almost totally on the defense. Long past time to go on the offense and squash these antis like the bugs they really are. I'm talking multi-million dollar ad campaigns and especially using social media to discredit them.

Last edited:
Reactions: JKT

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swasel

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!