Trump slams elephant hunting..(!)

No I would not have preferred Hilda, but that is not the point here. She lost and Trump became POS. Now Trump has gone anti in a populistic way...and that is very dissapointing since he is a republican President.

So blame Trump Sir...

Been on the road to Vegas today for the SCI convention, so sorry for the slow reply.

Wah wah wah wah, please share your address there in Norway with someone so they'll know where to send the Wahmbulance!

As has been already covered, the ban was on IMPORTATION of elephant and that to USA only of course, it was put in place by Obama. Yes it was not reversed by Trump as we had all hoped it would be but perhaps still may. Was it done to discourage people from hunting Elephant, of course it was, but it cannot ban anyone from doing so.

If we allow these bans to influence OUR decision to not go hunt, we have NO ONE to blame but ourselves. I would submit that those who do so, are primarily collectors and not so much hunters. I have no issue with anyone who identifies themselves as a collector, at least they're honest about it. However I do take issue with anyone identifying themselves as a hunter and preaching the message of conservation through hunting but is really a collector at heart.

If you truly believe that hunting is a critical tool for conservation yet allow an import ban to stop you from hunting, I don't really believe you. And you bear some responsibility, not Trump or any other politician, for hunting to close. Furthermore, you give ammunition to the anti's and their message that you're just out to collect your blood souvenir, that your message of conservation through hunting is bullshit. And you know what, they're right!

I truly appreciate the taxidermy I have now. But honestly, I could do with about 1/2 of what I have. What a fool I would've been to not go to Africa had I not been able to bring the mounts home.

Don't cheapen the experience of hunting Africa because you can't bring your animals back. Don't dilute that experience because you won't be able to act like an adolescent attempting to win the big dick contest with your friends at home or your bloviations in some vain attempt at being a big shot here on AH or other forums.

So stop crying like a little bitch at your keyboard and blaming everyone else in the world, go change your diaper, put some ointment on that ass rash and go do something about it!

Its truly amazing to me the contrast between this thread and @Philip Glass ' Trophy film thread. Philip at great risk to himself and family has done something about it. I don't know his views on Trump and I truly don't care. He doesn't sit at the keyboard blaming others and he sure as hell didn't sit home. Perhaps a better example to follow than the typical liberal crybaby expecting others to solve their problems.

Having said all that you brought up SCI and asking someone to deal with them on the issue. You've got time, show doesn't start until Wednesday and runs through Saturday. Get on a plane and come to Vegas and deal with them yourself.

I'd be happy to meet you at the AH get together and buy you a beer or a vodka or whatever you Norwegians like to drink. And if you're so inclined to punch me in the mouth due to this post, have at it, just so long as you quit with the bitching after you get your shot at me. And I'll still buy you a drink afterwards.

Phewwww, what the hell am I doing in this hotel room? Time for a beer.

The last time this happened, FWS was letting us until the end of 2019. I went back the page was under review. This sucks. Zim should threaten with its elephants, like “We’ll cut down the population down if American Hunters can’t import. With way too many elephants, this won’t be much on the elephant population. This is from Huffpo, not exactly trustworthy

................ You people toted during the election process that Trump would be the Guardian of hunting....yeah right...o_O
................. .

I think there were some very hopeful US citizens here on AH, that hoped with hunters in the family he might be influenced or understand better. That has evidently not come to fruition.

Politics. Populist, no doubt.

Did he run on a "save the hunters" platform?

Only hilarious promise I recall was the Mexican wall building project. Apparently that little project did not go ahead yet either. :ROFLMAO:

What the USFWS or Donny going off about on African species has not changed my countries policies one iota, nor will it.

All you guys hunting those Elephants and can't bring them home send me a PM and I'll import any legal tusk you can't. :D

Been on the road to Vegas today for the SCI convention, so sorry for the slow reply.

Wah wah wah wah, please share your address there in Norway with someone so they'll know where to send the Wahmbulance!

As has been already covered, the ban was on IMPORTATION of elephant and that to USA only of course, it was put in place by Obama. Yes it was not reversed by Trump as we had all hoped it would be but perhaps still may. Was it done to discourage people from hunting Elephant, of course it was, but it cannot ban anyone from doing so.

If we allow these bans to influence OUR decision to not go hunt, we have NO ONE to blame but ourselves. I would submit that those who do so, are primarily collectors and not so much hunters. I have no issue with anyone who identifies themselves as a collector, at least they're honest about it. However I do take issue with anyone identifying themselves as a hunter and preaching the message of conservation through hunting but is really a collector at heart.

If you truly believe that hunting is a critical tool for conservation yet allow an import ban to stop you from hunting, I don't really believe you. And you bear some responsibility, not Trump or any other politician, for hunting to close. Furthermore, you give ammunition to the anti's and their message that you're just out to collect your blood souvenir, that your message of conservation through hunting is bullshit. And you know what, they're right!

I truly appreciate the taxidermy I have now. But honestly, I could do with about 1/2 of what I have. What a fool I would've been to not go to Africa had I not been able to bring the mounts home.

Don't cheapen the experience of hunting Africa because you can't bring your animals back. Don't dilute that experience because you won't be able to act like an adolescent attempting to win the big dick contest with your friends at home or your bloviations in some vain attempt at being a big shot here on AH or other forums.

So stop crying like a little bitch at your keyboard and blaming everyone else in the world, go change your diaper, put some ointment on that ass rash and go do something about it!

Its truly amazing to me the contrast between this thread and @Philip Glass ' Trophy film thread. Philip at great risk to himself and family has done something about it. I don't know his views on Trump and I truly don't care. He doesn't sit at the keyboard blaming others and he sure as hell didn't sit home. Perhaps a better example to follow than the typical liberal crybaby expecting others to solve their problems.

Having said all that you brought up SCI and asking someone to deal with them on the issue. You've got time, show doesn't start until Wednesday and runs through Saturday. Get on a plane and come to Vegas and deal with them yourself.

I'd be happy to meet you at the AH get together and buy you a beer or a vodka or whatever you Norwegians like to drink. And if you're so inclined to punch me in the mouth due to this post, have at it, just so long as you quit with the bitching after you get your shot at me. And I'll still buy you a drink afterwards.

I think after the third guy that punches you in the nose and you buy them a drink the offer should be off

I think after the third guy that punches you in the nose and you buy them a drink the offer should be off

My offer was to Pondoro, sorry if you took offfense.

My offer was to Pondoro, sorry if you took offfense.

I am not taking offense but I am concerned that their might be some AH members that would impersonate Pondoro just to get a free drink. At least ask for some proof of identification first. :D

I am not taking offense but I am concerned that their might be some AH members that would impersonate Pondoro just to get a free drink. At least ask for some proof of identification first. :D

Sage advice indeed!

Hearing rumors that Oprah Winfrey is talking about running and Chelsea Clinton is talking about running and maybe even Michelle Obama talking about running ,president Donald Trump to me, looks better and better every day even with this out there.

All you guys hunting those Elephants and can't bring them home send me a PM and I'll import any legal tusk you can't. :D

Hmmm.... I want to see if the moratorium on ivory is actually lifted first, but I might take you up on that, just to prove a point.

What the USFWS or Donny going off about on African species has not changed my countries policies one iota, nor will it.

That's because your country stands on its own two feet. Other countries and people prefer to criticize how the U.S. works, then whine when we don't do things the way they want them done, mainly because they want someone else to do the work and pay the money. It's the same issue whether you're talking about the Paris Accord, defense, or elephant hunting.

Oh and one more time - HUNTERS make importation bans work.

Guys,
I'm just on my way out, so won't see the replies for a while. Hope that I don't get stoned for this, but please keep the following in mind.
We all love hunting. I made it my livelihood. I support anything towards hunting, and although Zimbabwe/Tanzania importation to the USA has nothing to do with me as a South African, I still support it.

Just because of his stance, does not make him a bad President. He has done a hell of a job for your country thus far. Before you start shouting about how this will change your vote at the next election, just be still for a while and think about your response. When you sat in the voting booth making your mark, was your first though that you are voting for Trump, hoping he would reopen Elephant hunting, or was your thought that he was the guy that was going to make the USA the power it use to be.
KMG Safaris, you're spot on!!! It's very easy to criticize when you don't know what is going on behind the scenes.

You know perfectly well that this is one major signal to the rest of the world....do not pretend otherwise. You people toted during the election process that Trump would be the Guardian of hunting....yeah right...o_O

You know what happens when the game loose its value, dont you..?

I urge you to make DSC and SCI to try to turn this...otherwise the elephant will be the loser..
Pondoro, instead of directing others what to do, post what you're going to do . That would have a positive effect.

It's called hunting !!!!!!

ding,ding,return to your corners and at the bell come out swinging.

Pondoro, instead of directing others what to do, post what you're going to do . That would have a positive effect.

I will continue hunting non-trophy elephant and if economy allows it shoot trophy elephant and import the ivory...yes it is still legal to it here. But I doubt that will last...for reasons expressed here.

I will also continue educating people around me about the reality in Africa and why these animals in the long run benefit from both non-trophy and trophy hunting.

I have zero influence on american politics..

You represent the african hunting industry. Do you really think this industry will survive if hunters cant bring trophys home..? We talk about ivory here and know but what if say one species after the other are banned for import...what then..?

This industry cant survive without trophy import....there are simply not enough diehards out there who will pay only for the non-trophy experience. And its sad that it is so, we can agree on that..but it is what it is...trinkets perhaps..

FYI, all my ele thus far have been non-importable problem animals.

Your dick contest argument is only laughable and beside the point..

I think the anger you express towards me is because I dare to criticise a President you love..

Last edited:
Your dick contest argument is only laughable and beside the point..

I think the anger you express towards me is because I dare to critizise a President you love..

Perhaps your posts would have had greater acceptance and kinder response if they were not so childish, self centered and were without condemnation and name calling.

Last edited:
    • Getting back to the original post, the video of the actual interview is not posted yet. I did find the full transcript from the interview. The entire conversation in regard to elephant hunting was comprised of one question , and President Trump didn't even finish his final sentence of his answer before moving on. It's hardly what I would call enlightening or insightful on the President's thoughts or motivation as to why he made his decision to keep the ban in place. For what it's worth, the one question Piers Morgan did ask is posted below:
PM: Quick question on trophy hunting. You seemed to indicate that you’ve had a change of mind about this, or you’d like the administration to.

DT: I changed it. I didn’t want elephants killed and stuffed and have the tusks bought back into this. And people can talk all they want about preservation and all of the things that they’re saying, where money goes toward – well money in that case was going to a government which was probably taking the money, OK? I do not, I turned that order around. That was an order.

PM: I know you did. I was very pleased to see that.

DT: I turned that order around.

PM: I tweeted to congratulate you.

DT: Were you shocked? Were you shocked?

PM: I was surprised, but I also said to people you will listen to argument. And my problem with all the hysterical liberals who lie on the floor kicking and screaming all day long about you, if they actually tried to reason with you and argue with you, I noticed on that you indicated you’d changed your mind and you’ve now said you have…

DT: That was done by a very high level government person. As soon as I heard about it, I turned it around. That same day even. Not even a day went by. No, I was not believing in conservation that…

This industry cant survive without trophy import

Hunting will cease when the old die hards don't teach the youngster to hunt.

In North America hunting prior to Theodore Roosevelt, George Bird Grinnell and the Boone and Crocket Club was all about market hunting and killing enough game to feed your family. In a little over a hundred years we have completely changed how North American hunter perceives hunting. Its for conservation. Its for wildlife management. Its for the family experience. If we can go from killing 40 million bison in the mid-1800's to modern times when many of us don't use every deer tag we are legally allowed to use because it doesn't fit our management plan. I think we can bring up a new generation of hunters that are taught that the experience, the hunt, the being intimately part of nature is the trophy. Then get them to Africa one time and Africa will take care of the rest. This June I will expose my daughter-in-laws to Africa. They will return many times and they will bring their kids.

DT: I changed it. I didn’t want elephants killed and stuffed and have the tusks bought back into this. And people can talk all they want about preservation and all of the things that they’re saying, where money goes toward – well money in that case was going to a government which was probably taking the money, OK? I do not, I turned that order around. That was an order.

To me this says businessman Donald Trump didn't think it was a good deal. The money that needed to be going to conservation was not getting there. I think there is the potential to revisit this issue when the money trail is cleaner.

I think the anger you express towards me is because I dare to criticise a President you love..

I don't dare speak for Phoenix Phil but Donald Trump has been the lesser of two weevils

I have though enjoyed watching him work.

Bottom line don't get down. Hunting has its highs and lows. They occur in the field, social media, and government. Just keep hunting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunnyOkn64

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois