Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Hunting club, target shooting club, national hunting and shooting organisations
Hunted
Namibia - Kalahari, Namibia - Khomas highland
Gents,

Recent topic on sustainable game management practices in RSA have lead me to this question.

I do try to get my self informed on modern safari trends, and have my bearings updated, but in case I am missing something so far, why not to check with people who know better, and have seen better part of Africa.

So the question is: If you want to go on a safari,
- in true wilderness,
- no farms and fences,
- regardless of the species you will hunt,
- or regardless of trophy size,
- or habitat (savannah, bush, jungle, swamp, whatever),
- regardless of level of lodging (tents are OK),

But with only goal to experience hunting in true African wilderness, on most economical prices where will you look at? Which country to go? Which species? What budget may be?

Last edited:
The wildest places I have hunted in Africa are the Upper Luangwa River in Zambia and the Kalahari in Botswana. The Save in Zim was awesome but not as remote as the other two. I hope that one day I will hunt Tanzania.

I have hunted many areas in Canada and Alaska where I was quite confident that there was not another human within 100 miles. I doubt that exists in Africa today.

Zambezi Delta Mozambique!!!!

Reactions: WAB
For bang for the buck, there are quite a few places in Zim that would definitely work! Also sometimes a deal or cancellation in Zambia would net the same bang for the buck!

Reactions: cls
I have found Zambia to be about the same price as Zim if you can sort the transport for a reasonable price.

Optimizing the cost, what species to plan to hunt:

- in Botswana (althought this one may depend, on forthcoming offersm under new legislation)?
- in Zimbabwe?
- in Zambia?
- in Mozambique, Zambezi delta?

Have you guys, also considered west African, or French speaking countries?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marinaabu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.