Trophy's back from june 2011 hunt- Zebra question

Hagar

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
It was Christmas at my house in May. The long awaited Trophy's arrived. Black Bear Taxidermy out of Kimberley did a fantastic job on them. They were very well packaged and crated. No damage at all. My question is how to take a wrinkle out of the Zebra rug. It will be hanging on the wall. I hung it using top support only thinking it would relax and come out. Two days later still there. I thought maybe a light application of steam may do it. I thought I would ask the knowledgeable people on AH before I do. I will post pics next week when my son will be here. Not real great at the technical end of the computer.

This has worked for me.

Hair side down let the sun work on it for about 30 minutes. Gently lay it out on your kitchen table and pull on it to see if it will come out.

Another way is to stack some flat books on it and see if it will come out.

I hung mine and the wrinkles came out after a few weeks. Did not need to do anything to it..

I've had flatskins show up with a few pretty good wrinkles. My advice is just to hang it or put it where you want it. Within a few weeks the wrinkles tend to flatten themselves out. I brought back a springbok rug from Namibia last month. It had plenty of deep creases. It's been hanging over a railing now for a few weeks and it looks pretty good now.

James,
Thank you for the response. I think I will try letting it hang for a couple of weeks. Before I do anything. It sounds like that has worked for you and Bryce.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg