Trophy the film - let your voice be heard

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by trophythefilm, Apr 8, 2017.

1. trophythefilm

trophythefilm New Member

Thanks for all your support!
    The film will be released in select theaters in the US starting September 8th. There will be one night events in 100+ cities later in September. The most up to date information will be posted both on our facebook page @trophythefilm and our website trophy.film please join us in the continued conversation as it is important to have your voiced in this polarized subject.

Rick Cox likes this.

2. Royal27

Royal27 AH ENABLER AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    DSC, NRA, SCI
    Hunted:
    USA - TX, CO, GA, ID. Africa - Zimbabwe and South Africa (Limpopo and EC)
    So I've finally spent a little time on Facebook reading comments on the Trophy site, and making a few of my own. ;)

It's pretty interesting and not at all one sided, either way. As you'd expect lots of people are misinformed and others are just plain hateful. But, you can see people in the middle as well and folks that defend hunting that perhaps aren't hunters.

Most of the antis of course come in with silly emotional arguments and no facts and are quickly corrected by hunters using actual facts. A very few are well organized and use "facts" and specific incidences to support their position, but of course they dont talk big picture as they know what the response will be. Don't anyone think for a second these folks are stupid. They aren't.

Now for my quick soapbox. IF YOU AREN'T ON FACEBOOK GET ON FACEBOOK NOW AND LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD!!!!!

Facebook is a tool, no different than a rifle, and we all must use it. To discount Facebook or any social media is giving a huge tactical advantage to the enemy. I don't care if Facebook itself is anti-hunting, or not. It's here to stay and gives us a voice. A voice that our enemies have used more effectively than us, to this point.

In fact, wouldn't everyone agree that CNN is anti-hunting? If so, and you take the position that you don't want to support anything they do then you'd better ignore Trophy since it is being supported by CNN Films. I think that would be silly personally, so why do the same with other media?

We aren't losing this war as badly as we think we are. The tone has changed. The general public is seeing through the manure. Its why Xanda didn't become the next Cecil. I've read that the number of hunters here in the states is actually on the rise for the first time in years. Let's keep that trend going.

Speak up in any manner that you can!

edward, siml, Pheroze and 2 others like this.

3. thi9elsp

thi9elsp GOLD SUPPORTER AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Life Member: Buckmasters, NRA, RMEF, DSC, SCI, and CCA
    Hunted:
    Zimbabwe, Mozambique
    I just caught up on the latest. I liked and posted a comment on facebook. Funny, in my own small way putting that comment out there felt like I was taking a step 'out there'. Nothing like Philip and others. Thank you to Shaul, Christina and Philip for doing this and being on the front lines for us.

Philip Glass, edward, bilmcc and 2 others like this.

4. Philip Glass

Philip Glass AH ENABLER LIFETIME BRONZE BENEFACTOR AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
    Hunted:
    RSA, Namibia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, Zimbabwe, Texas
    Trophy will show in many locations September 26th only and advanced tickets are required. Please go to www.trophythefilm.com and check out if it's near you. I hope everyone will go see it on the big screen!
    Regards,
    Philip

edward, siml and cpr0312 like this.

5. tigris115

tigris115 AH Fanatic

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2017
    ArmyGrunt and Philip Glass like this.

6. cpr0312

cpr0312 AH ENABLER AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA Life Member
    Hunted:
    US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe
    Hopefully many AH'ers get to see it!

Philip Glass likes this.

7. tigris115

tigris115 AH Fanatic

I'm hoping I can catch a show in Nassau county

Philip Glass likes this.

8. Philip Glass

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Hunted:
    I was interviewed and photographed by the LA Times this week. I did the Q&A with Shaul & Christina after a screening in LA as well. it was really good and a huge number of people swamped me after the Q&A to ask even more questions. Even one guy who was very rude and tacky with his question felt like he needed to come be cordial to me and have a further discussion. I was very encouraged about this screening and what I was able to do as 1 Hunter versus 350 Liberals! I think I was able to intelligently and kindly answer and refute their preconceived notions of hunting. I'll keep carrying the banner for us any chance I get.
    Regards,
    Philip

Rick Cox, BobT, edward and 7 others like this.

9. cpr0312

cpr0312 AH ENABLER AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA Life Member
    Hunted:
    US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe
    Well done Philip, it takes a lot of composure under those kind of circumstances! We are proud of you and look forward to seeing the film!

Rick Cox and edward like this.

10. Philip Glass

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Hunted:
    Pheroze likes this.

11. ArmyGrunt

ArmyGrunt AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    USA, South Africa, Hungary
    I was looking at the website, and went through the list for "host an event." I didn't finish it, because I've got a couple questions.

Do I need to coordinate it with the theater first? Do I need to be prepared for a Q&A myself? What else would I need to be prepared for?

12. mrpoindexter

mrpoindexter AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    SCI, NFAA
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa, Zimbabwe, UAE, California
    I think the "host a screening" option is for a general screening, not a special screening where there would be a Q&A afterwards. I believe the basic premise is that you are going to coordinate getting X number of butts in the seats and the theater will show it. If you cannot get a commitment or tickets sold that justify the cost of setting aside a screen for one showing, the theater will not show it.

In Fresno, they still need to sell another 84 tickets or so in the next 2 weeks or it will not be screened here.

13. tigris115

tigris115 AH Fanatic

Out of curiosity, have you done anything at colleges? I know college students can be crazy left (trust me, I am one) but I assume you'd try.

14. ArmyGrunt

ArmyGrunt AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    USA, South Africa, Hungary
    Being a college student myself, but much older than the norm, I thought perhaps it could be done on campus. I've seen things of that nature before. Perhaps I'll check soon to see if we could do it. SW Indiana, if it could happen. With a mini AH gathering?

15. davidhein

davidhein AH Veteran

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    SA Wingshooters
    Hunted:
    South Africa (Limpopo, North West, Free State, Mpumalanga, Kwa-Zulu Natal), Botswana
    Thank you for taking this leap of faith!

I hope that the film will screen in South Africa at some point - but if not it is still ok. The effort and dedication you have gone through for the entire hunting community must be commended.

I have been following your Facebook page and recently your Instagram too and love the work you are doing - let the facts speak. I think we can use social media for the good of the community, provided we all work with a common goal.

16. tigris115

tigris115 AH Fanatic

So do you have any plans for the film after it's theatrical run? I'd love to catch it on Netflix.

17. ScottG

ScottG AH Fanatic

Went to Fandango to check out opening dates. Their opening statement depicts elephants and lions as endangered species. It hard when they disseminate misinformation from the get go.

18. AfricaHunting.com

AfricaHunting.com AH ENABLER FOUNDER AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

19. SETH RINGER

SETH RINGER AH Senior Member

Member of:
    NRA, SCI, DSC
    Hunted:
    TX,AK,PA,AZ,FL,AL,GA,SC,ME, PHILIPPINES, NAMIBIA, SOUTH AFRICA, ZIMBABWE, ARGENTINA, CANADA
    OUR SHOWING IN TAMPA WAS A NO GO. ANY IDEA WHEN IT IS AVAILABLE ON THE INTER-WEB?

Philip Glass likes this.

20. mrpoindexter

mrpoindexter AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    SCI, NFAA
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa, Zimbabwe, UAE, California
    Fresno's showing was also a no-go. I don't know who set up the event on Tugg, but they didn't do any local promotion that I saw to try and get people to come to the theater.

Philip Glass likes this.