Trophy shipping cost comparison between countries?

BenKK

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
I’m always tucking-away little bits of learning for planning future adventures, and I’m wondering if people here can give an overview of shipping costs for trophies from Zimbabwe, Zambia and Mozambique? Obviously it depends on what the trophies are, so are there any facts to compare on shipping one buffalo trophy from each country?

To me they are all going to be a little different overall in costs but will not make one trip less desirable than the next.

I would be more worried about the cost of the hunt, the outfitter chosen, airfare and possible road transfers. I think the terrain you pick to hunt Cape buffalo is important too.

While, not positive, I believe that your trophy will be trucked to JNB for air out of Africa. That’s my understanding for at least Zimbabwe. But I might be wrong.

There are very few options in the countries of reference, therefore.... :S Dollar:
Moz for sure. Costly just to get your trophies to JNB.

For comparison; Botswana has TWO companies that process and export trophies. (Only one really does 80%+ of the work.) It changes the costs not having competition.

Members should be able to get you some idea of a cost.

Only airline that would ship my buff in feb/19 was Turkish airlines from Johannesburg to Toronto Canada then it had to be trucked from there to northern BC.
No other airline would forward shipment because of buff in it.

Mine had to go to Toronto aswell becuase of the Buff, but importers had a guy there push it through to YVR.

Way I looked at it. My plane ticket for a 240lb guy and baggage was 2100$. And I had a 200lb crate fly even more stops then I took. All relative and you gotta pay to play

I get the shipping costs from RSA to wherever, but I’m trying to learn what the costs are from those countries to RSA, especially as I read a comment about it being very expensive from Mozambique. I’m just not sure what “very expensive” actually means. Is it hundreds more? A thousand more? Many thousands more? Cheers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemjhon405

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber