AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
USA, South Africa
I just received word that our trophies are ready to ship. The quote provided to me by the shipper did not include insurance.

What says the AH crowd do you insure your dip / pack shipments and is it worth the cost?

Probably happened but I never heard of anyone losing them in transit. I insure mine. Be careful though. This is one of those items that is abused by the shippers. I learned my lesson on the first shipment. The shipper insured the crate for the cost of another TWO trips including animals and taxidermy.

That is why I work with SSI. They handle everything from the outfitter to my taxidermist: delivery to dip and pack to shipper to US Customs to my taxidermist. Insurance is included. No problems, no hassle. If there is a problem, they handle it.

Exchanged. A few emails with the shipper early this morning and added insurance at a level I chose. Rates were reasonable and I hope I don’t need it.

I also want to give a big Thanks to Tom Kelly with Trophy Shippers he reached out to me and offered to review the rates fee’s and shipping quote. Even though they are not doing the clearing or freight forward work. Shot the email to him mid morning CST and had a call from him before the end of business today.

Tom thank you for the call you’ll be getting my business in the future

So how much insurance should I take out on a box of eleven plains game skulls and four tanned hides. The value of the goods or value of a goods plus trip? Seems insuring for value of the trip and goods might be kinda high premium?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieRiggs

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross