Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI,NRA,RMEF
Hunted
United States, Canada, South Africa x4
Hello Folks, As some of you already know, I am having some problems getting my trophies back to me after my hunt in KZN but we are working hard to get them back and I am staying optomistic.

In the meantime I would like to do something in my trophy room using 8x10 or larger photos of my trophies and some other type of african decor to go with the photos to capture my safari memories.

I would love some advice from the folks hear on AH on some different ways to display my trophy photos in my trophy room and what else I can do to bring my safari memories alive using these photos and some other type of safari decor.

Thanks for any advice you can give me on this matter

Trophies

I live here in KZN, SA and if I can help in any way please let me know.
I work with some taxidermist in Pietermaritzburg and visit them a few times a month.
Andre

Thank you Andre, I appreciate your offer. I am getting some assistance with this matter. I just want to put some photos up in the meantime and get some ideas from folks here on AH on how to display them.

Too bad about your trophies, I hope that all turns out well.

As for photos I suggest finding someone that is a scrapbooking nut and get them to do something up for you. My sister in-law is just such a nut and my brother has lots of great scrap booked photos with his trophies and other interesting hunt photos mixed in. They look much better than just a picture of your animals.

Here are a couple of examples of things I do for some of my clients with pics of their trophies. I do these for gifts for some of my clients just to say thank you to them for the work they sent me. I know these are north american trophies but I did others for him of some of his African trophies also.
The first is a drawing of a picture and the second is etched granite of a different picture.

bobsheep3.jpg

bobdrawimg.jpg

Picture3331sm.jpg

006-2.jpg

Attachments

• bobdrawimg.jpg
    bobdrawimg.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 165
  • bobsheep3.jpg
    bobsheep3.jpg
    270.6 KB · Views: 153
  • Picture3331sm.jpg
    Picture3331sm.jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 177
  • 006-2.jpg
    006-2.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 154
Thanks for the ideas. I appreciate everyones imput on this matter.

Wow the detail in the pics are amazing, how do you do that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jostepan

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois